Bryant any good?

Hi all first timer here. My a/c system(23yo) just took a dump and it is now time to replace it. The company that I am deciding to go with is recommending a Bryant unit(cheapest price wise). I know through quick research that they are made by carrier but the research showed Bryant #17 on a top 21(21 being the worst)by consumers. Any info good or bad on this brand would be much appreciated. FYI I live in south Florida and I'm looking at a 4 ton 14 seer unit. Also if you had to get a system for your home with these same specs, out of these options which would it be? Bryant, amana, rheem, or goodman? Thanks again and I hope no posting rules were broken.

NNFD197

nothing wrong with Bryant as long as its properly installed .
    We really need change now

Carrier/Bryant/Payne are all the same thing, just different labels.
    Amana/Goodman are the same thing
    Rheem/Ruud/Thermalzone all the same.
    Trane/American Standard.

You get the idea...

Quote Originally Posted by NNFD197 View Post
    Hi all first timer here. My a/c system(23yo) just took a dump and it is now time to replace it.
    The company that I am deciding to go with is recommending a Bryant unit (cheapest price wise).
    I know through quick research that they are made by carrier but the research showed Bryant #17 on a top 21(21 being the worst)by consumers. Any info good or bad on this brand would be much appreciated.
    FYI I live in south Florida and I'm looking at a 4 ton 14 seer unit. NNFD197
    I am amazed that Bryant would be rated low.
    Bryant should be rated quite high IMO.

You did very well in getting 23 years out of your current system.
    Did you happen to have an annual maintenance agreement?
    I would go with the same that you have been doing.!..!!

You may wish to consider Bryant Preferred 538A series to achieve better humidity control.
    TRANE would be my preference if you are within 2 miles of the ocean.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Nothing wrong with Bryant or any other brand. It is the installation that matters most. Go with the contractor you feel will do the best job. Check with the better buisiness beurau, Angie's list etc to make sure the contractor does good work and will be there if any problems arise in the future. Good luck

Well, Bryant fans, the latest Consumer Reports member survey says Bryant furnaces are the most reliable by 1 point. For what that means!

mean nothing....... Bryant is just fine....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

in the salty air of fla. its allways a good idea to use car wax on all painted surfaces on any unit to preserve it any and all manufactures are goodwhen their installed correctlythen well maintained

Dan swfla

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    I am amazed that Bryant would be rated low.
    Bryant should be rated quite high IMO.

You did very well in getting 23 years out of your current system.
    Did you happen to have an annual maintenance agreement?
    I would go with the same that you have been doing.!..!!

You may wish to consider Bryant Preferred 538A series to achieve better humidity control.
    TRANE would be my preference if you are within 2 miles of the ocean.

Hey Dan I'm in north Naples, my best quote was the Bryant but I was wondering if I should order the condenser and handler my self and pay for the installation separate. It seems(after online research) that I can order any brand I want for a cheaper price and pay for install and save $$ compared to all quotes I have received. What are your thoughts since by your screen name your are the closest to me. Thanks you all for your input , I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by NNFD197 View Post
    Hey Dan I'm in north Naples, my best quote was the Bryant but I was wondering if I should order the condenser and handler my self and pay for the installation separate.

It seems(after online research) that I can order any brand I want for a cheaper price and pay for install and save $$ compared to all quotes I have received.
    What are your thoughts since by your screen name your are the closest to me.
    Thanks you all for your input , I really appreciate it.
    There is NO WAY you should buy equipment yourself !..!!
    ... Let me see if I can look up a contractor.
    ... I am in Estero whenever I can get home from my out_of_state engineering contract assignment.

Of course, you'll have to e-mail me (see profile) to possibly get a response.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

If you buy the stuff yourself and something breaks who pays to fix it? It's not the installers fault if the equipment you bought elsewhere had a problem, why should he fix it for free? On the other hand the seller of the equipment can blame the install for failure and refuse to cover warranty costs. Bad game to play if you want any actual warranty coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    If you buy the stuff yourself and something breaks who pays to fix it? It's not the installers fault if the equipment you bought elsewhere had a problem, why should he fix it for free? On the other hand the seller of the equipment can blame the install for failure and refuse to cover warranty costs. Bad game to play if you want any actual warranty coverage.
    well said
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    NICE.

That "game" he mentions, is _1 step forward and 12 steps Back.
    Get into a rather deep hole quickly !
    with no way out _ except
    Pay me Now, Or Pay me More Later.

+ I recommended the Replacement Manager and a great local technician I know
    + Annual Maintenance Contract should be pursued.

OP lives about 10 miles south of me.
    Designer Dan