+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wiring help for dummy

Post Likes

wiring help for dummy

I am going to install a new blower motor for a customer (that he purchased some where?). I checked with Trane it is the replacement motor for that A/H model #TWV036B140A1. my question is about black wire coming from the plug, looks like it goes to the capacitor along with one of the wires from the motor. Please forgive my lack of Knowledge I came up through installation not service OTJ is my teacher along with tech support any help is appreciated

Post Likes
    I am not familiar with trane but the manual should tell you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crider49 View Post
    I am going to install a new blower motor for a customer (that he purchased some where?). I checked with Trane it is the replacement motor for that A/H model #TWV036B140A1. my question is about black wire coming from the plug, looks like it goes to the capacitor along with one of the wires from the motor. Please forgive my lack of Knowledge I came up through installation not service OTJ is my teacher along with tech support any help is appreciated
    Let me guess
    Fresh out of school
    EPA Universal

Post Likes
    betcha there is a label on that motor.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    I am not familiar with trane but the manual should tell you.
    or the wiring schematic that's usually on one of the panels
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Can you not just do a wire for wire after confirming the replacement wires are identical?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Here you go mate.

Standard run of the mill 3 speed evap motor. Although the schematic doesn't state it (but does imply), black is usually high, blue - medium, and red - low speed. When you pull the old motor out, the label should indicate the colors that correspond to each speed (if it's still legible). Simply match the colors if the speeds are the same for both motors.

Also, make sure the new cap matches the uF rating of the new motor. You are going to install a new one aren't you?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in