Question

I'm thinking about replacing my 5-ton packaged gas/ac unt with a packaged, 5-ton, duel fuel (gas/heat pump) Comfortmaker (owed by ICP). Comments from anyone with experience with this product would be greatly appreciated. I never heard of the Comfortmaker brand but an installer recommended it as a reliable unit. I have seen consumer feedback from sister brands owned by ICP (Heil, Tempstar) and they're quite negative so I'm not sure if I should be concerned.

Also, should I be considering another product? My goal is to increase energy efficiency while maintaining comfort (and not overpaying for over-marketed brands).

I'm in middle Tennessee so the summers are hot and humid and the winters hover around the freezing point for the most part, with several weeks in the 20's.

Thanks in advance!

just last week i installed a pdx360 heil on my own roof
    & havent gotten around to starting up the heat yet but
    tomarrow it will be done. icp at this time doesnt have a solid recommendation for the t stat so i used the vision pro
    8ooo 3 ht. 2 cool stat
    found the compressor to generate some harmonics thru roof
    & ordered the new mount kit. heat pump side on first stage operates very good & will probably carry the load
    the majority of the time.
    my only complaint on this model is it is only avail. in
    120,000 btu input & we only need 70 k & a factory de rating kit is not avail. at this time.