View Poll Results: Whcih brand do you prefer to sell/service?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcoaire

1 7.69%
  • Tempstar

3 23.08%
  • Heil

4 30.77%
  • Keeprite

0 0%
  • Aire Ease

2 15.38%
  • Ducane

0 0%
  • Concord

1 7.69%
  • Armstrong

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There are many interesting comments that seem to imply that the ICP and Allied products are generally similar, but the actual poll has ICP over Allied 5 to 1. What am I missing?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Thanks, this brings Allied closer to ICP. Can you elaborate why you think the build quality is better? Any specific examples?
    We have a lot of the icp equipment in use here and I hate wire gaurds and clam shell condenser fan motors . The icp units are loud and the cabinets always squeak the indoor coils rust at nothing. I am referring to airease being a better product. They have solid cabinets, quiet, good electronics and they are built in my home state.

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jdblack; 11-04-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    We have a lot of the icp equipment in use here and I hate wire gaurds and clam shell çfm. The icp units are loud and the cabinets always squeak the indoor coils rust at nothing. I am referring to airease being a better product. They have solid cabinets, quiet, good electronics and they are built in my home state.

Thanks for the specifics. If I remember correctly, the Allied heat exchangers are also clam shell. The Allied furnaces are pretty quiet though. Do you know who makes the electronics for Allied? I assume that the ICP electronics are Utec.

Comfortmaker, arcoaire, heil etc. ... aint no thang but a chicken wang.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Thanks for the specifics. If I remember correctly, the Allied heat exchangers are also clam shell. The Allied furnaces are pretty quiet though. Do you know who makes the electronics for Allied? I assume that the ICP electronics are Utec.
    I was actually talking about the 1/8 HP clamshell condenser fan motors. Stupid auto correct. I'm not sure about who makes the electronics but even the 13seer heatpumps have diagnostic fault boards.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Comfortmaker, arcoaire, heil etc. ... aint no thang but a chicken wang.
    I have no clue as to what this is supposed to mean.

ICP now has it over Allied 6 to 1 in the poll.

I was actually talking about the 1/8 HP clamshell condenser fan motors. Stupid auto correct. I'm not sure about who makes the electronics but even the 13seer heatpumps have diagnostic fault boards.

I think I know what motors you are referring to. Have they been failing, or you just don't like them? Manufacturer's use the lowest HP motors they can get away with in order to tweak the SEER ratings a bit. Another reason to get government regulations out of our lives.

Nowdays, it's pretty much Carrier vs Lennox since in both families, the equipment is so much alike. Allied furnaces, at least in single stage, are the same as a Lennox with a different board & ignitor. Not sure if the high end even have that difference. Builder outdoor units are made in Mexico, different cabinet. Deluxe A/Cs are different. Gas packs the same...

On the ICP side, furnaces have much in common with Bryant/Carrier. Builder outdoor units look almost identical. Deluxe A/Cs are different. Packs are the same.

Don't see much ICP getting sold around here, sorry Don. Lots more Allied.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Nowdays, it's pretty much Carrier vs Lennox since in both families, the equipment is so much alike. Allied furnaces, at least in single stage, are the same as a Lennox with a different board & ignitor. Not sure if the high end even have that difference. Builder outdoor units are made in Mexico, different cabinet. Deluxe A/Cs are different. Gas packs the same...

On the ICP side, furnaces have much in common with Bryant/Carrier. Builder outdoor units look almost identical. Deluxe A/Cs are different. Packs are the same.

Don't see much ICP getting sold around here, sorry Don. Lots more Allied.
    It does seem that contractors selling any of these brands are making sure they mention the better known parent companies for their main marketing strategy. Aside from the equipment, anyone have any issues with support for either of these brands? Any issues for being denied warranty or having problems getting parts?

I like allied Dist a whole lot more than my icp guys. Prices are better, stock is better, attitudes are better.

I like allied Dist a whole lot more than my icp guys. Prices are better, stock is better, attitudes are better.

I wonder if this is more because you are in the state where Allied is manufactured and headquartered?

Honestly I've never worked on any allied stuff. I Have worked on Heil equipment and I've liked what I've seen so far. But I've gotten to look at some of the Armstrong stuff sitting on the showroom floor and it doesn't look so bad either. It basically comes down to whether you prefer Carrier or Lennox IMO.

our distributor for ICP (Tempstar in the case of our company) is very supportive and has one the best tech reps I ever dealt with. The defrost sensors were an issue a few years ago but that's been resolved.
    I don't care for Armstrong because a supply house sells them over the counter to anybody, whether they are licensed or not. I've seen some horrific installations because of that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast