View Poll Results: Whcih brand do you prefer to sell/service?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcoaire

    1 7.69%
  • Tempstar

    3 23.08%
  • Heil

    4 30.77%
  • Keeprite

    0 0%
  • Aire Ease

    2 15.38%
  • Ducane

    0 0%
  • Concord

    1 7.69%
  • Armstrong

    2 15.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981

    ICP versus Allied product survey

    Only for those who have worked with and have opinions on ICP and/or Allied HVAC products...please. Vote for which brand you prefer and give a little info as to why;
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,905
    i prefer Comfortmaker over Armstrong
    We really need change now

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    i prefer Comfortmaker over Armstrong
    OK, add this to the two ICP brands preferred so far on the poll and we get 3 for ICP and 1 for Allied. Thanks.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    1,439
    The poll doesn't show up on tapatalk, so no vote for me, but I like allied over icp. I think build quality is better.

    Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    617
    Honestly Heil, Tempstar, and Comfortmaker are nearly the same. They are almost exactly the same to service and I have never had more trouble with one more than the other. I'm not a fan of Allied but that's mostly because of the distributor we have near by. They aren't very pleasant to deal with a getting parts is a pain but they seem like decent units.

    All of the units you have listed are pretty much budget tier units. They are all decent but what it comes down to is the other factors, such as warranty, distributors, parts availibility
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Pavilion, NY
    Posts
    2,198
    None of the above
    ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    s chester county,pa
    Posts
    146
    I did not like any of the dumb valve units. So glad they stopped using those. Let the plumbers have them

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by wogpa67 View Post
    I did not like any of the dumb valve units. So glad they stopped using those. Let the plumbers have them


    We will Not install those units. When I walk around the house and see one of them my first thought is "Oh Squirt", the owner Squeaks or he got taken. The cost difference to move up to a better unit is actually a small amount (for the difference in equipment).

    Air-Ease is made in SC. One of the District sales guys called us/me numerous times. I looked at the equipment and I'd rate it higher than the rest but I still won't vote for it.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
    The poll doesn't show up on tapatalk, so no vote for me, but I like allied over icp. I think build quality is better.

    Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, this brings Allied closer to ICP. Can you elaborate why you think the build quality is better? Any specific examples?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    None of the above
    Then why did you bother to post?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by wogpa67 View Post
    I did not like any of the dumb valve units. So glad they stopped using those. Let the plumbers have them
    Which manufacturer are you referring to? I take it you don't believe plumbers make good HVAC workers?

    Why are you not a professional member? You are missing a lot.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thRoot View Post
    Honestly Heil, Tempstar, and Comfortmaker are nearly the same. They are almost exactly the same to service and I have never had more trouble with one more than the other. I'm not a fan of Allied but that's mostly because of the distributor we have near by. They aren't very pleasant to deal with a getting parts is a pain but they seem like decent units.

    All of the units you have listed are pretty much budget tier units. They are all decent but what it comes down to is the other factors, such as warranty, distributors, parts availibility
    Your input on distributors, warranty and parts is appreciated. It's not just the equipment that makes our jobs easier to do.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Home&Marine View Post


    We will Not install those units. When I walk around the house and see one of them my first thought is "Oh Squirt", the owner Squeaks or he got taken. The cost difference to move up to a better unit is actually a small amount (for the difference in equipment).

    Air-Ease is made in SC. One of the District sales guys called us/me numerous times. I looked at the equipment and I'd rate it higher than the rest but I still won't vote for it.
    If you think that Aire Ease is better built, why won't you vote for it? Are there other issues?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event