+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tesla Coil!

Post Likes

Tesla Coil!

Hey guys,

I'm starting a new project/hobby. I am planning to build a medium size tesla coil. See video link below. I saw a guy with a six foot one a few years back and I have always wanted to build one since. Have any of you guys ever built one? And if so, what kinda feedback can you give me?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3gJbtOYX2o4

Post Likes
    I've started to make one before but never did. I believe you can use the flyback transformer from an old crt. I did some homebrew stuff for a while.

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Built one when I was in high school. Power was a neon-sign Xformer, the main coil was 5 ft tall. This unit could generate close to 1M volts according to the article in Popular Electronics (where I got the plans). All I know is it generated sparks almost a foot long.

One needs to be VERY careful with that much electricity. Yes, the amps are so low it is not that dangerous... however: Just one minor wrong issue... and that ZAP will go across your heart and it will stop ticking (death).

There are lots of videos about Nicola Tesla at U-tube... some are quite interesting!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in