Thread: Tesla Coil!

Tesla Coil!

Hey guys,

I'm starting a new project/hobby. I am planning to build a medium size tesla coil. See video link below. I saw a guy with a six foot one a few years back and I have always wanted to build one since. Have any of you guys ever built one? And if so, what kinda feedback can you give me?

I've started to make one before but never did. I believe you can use the flyback transformer from an old crt. I did some homebrew stuff for a while.

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2

Built one when I was in high school. Power was a neon-sign Xformer, the main coil was 5 ft tall. This unit could generate close to 1M volts according to the article in Popular Electronics (where I got the plans). All I know is it generated sparks almost a foot long.

One needs to be VERY careful with that much electricity. Yes, the amps are so low it is not that dangerous... however: Just one minor wrong issue... and that ZAP will go across your heart and it will stop ticking (death).

There are lots of videos about Nicola Tesla at U-tube... some are quite interesting!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.