I'm researching a new hvac system to replace a 14 year old Carrier Weathermate, and I'm leaning toward a Carrier Infinity. I'm in Charleston, SC with high humidity, and the Infinity humidity controls are an appealing feature. The model I've been quoted on is the ANA7, which is a two stage reciprocating model, but I've read that in general a scroll compressor usually has fewer problems over the long term. The next model up is the ANA1, which is a two stage scroll compressor, but does anyone know when it should be available? I don't need to change anything immediately, but I would like to get it changed out before it starts getting hot next season. I'll need a 4 ton unit. Does anyone know if these will be available by Spring? Thanks.

Yes it should be available. However, the recipricating compressor will give you better humidity control than the scroll due to its ability to unload further and provide longer run times. As to the durability of the two compressors, the recip compressor has been used by Carrier for many years and has proven to be very durable.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

Awaiting ALL sizes except 2 ton later this year or early next year
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!