+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One of the energy savers!

Post Likes

One of the energy savers!

I went on a call today and the renter told me its one of them energy savers, well when it's twice as big as it should be then what lol. The first pic is how you know it's over sized.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351901823.278980.jpg
Views: 1755
Size:  25.0 KB

I would gees 1000 or less square feet, 120k input
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351901871.893265.jpg
Views: 1724
Size:  54.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    ohhh....its good man.

Post Likes
    Gives off heat don't it?

Post Likes
    Definitely someone's over stock I bet, it heats

Post Likes
    Short cycle for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    I can see the LZ004 ignitors or whatever goodman calls them failing quickly in a short cycle situation...but is that a round nitride upgrade that bit the dust as well? Or just a flat 001 (sorry - Carrier speak) or glowfly?

Post Likes
    That's the goodman ignitor, the mini ignitor, I can't remember the number off hand. That's what I put In also.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    ohhh....its good man.
    Took me this long to get it lol

Post Likes
    I cant really tell for sure in the pic, but does the exhaust loop back around to the intake?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stebs View Post
    I cant really tell for sure in the pic, but does the exhaust loop back around to the intake?
    They come towards we then up into the joist, the whole job was about as crappy as they come.

Post Likes
    " I don't want my furnace running, my bills are high enough as it is. The bigger the furnace, the quicker my house heats and the less the furnace runs."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tedkidd View Post
    " I don't want my furnace running, my bills are high enough as it is. The bigger the furnace, the quicker my house heats and the less the furnace runs."
    I've heard that before.... Told dad to put a 2 ton Condensor on the one end of the house instead of replacing it with a 3 ton like the one that was there. Told him it would run a little longer, but be more efficient and more comfortable. He didnt want to cuz it already costs too much to cool and he doesnt want them running longer. Last 2 summers have had weeks in a row of 100+ weather, way warmer than usual, and the unit still cycled in first stage (2nd is actually not even wired up!)

Post Likes
    We were at a rental last week. Landlord said he had a moonlighter replace the A/C over the summer and it didn't work well. 2 story on a basement, not particularly big. Faces south, heavily shaded. 30 year old Lennox furnace with 2 ton drive. Found a 3.5 ton Grandaire sitting there. 228 CFM/ton doesn't compute!

Post Likes
    going back to the oversized furnace short cycling...couldn't he just lower the btu output through the gas valve.

manufacturers recommend 2-4 in wc, but 2 would work in that situation...right?
    Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by J-thetechwizard View Post
    going back to the oversized furnace short cycling...couldn't he just lower the btu output through the gas valve.

manufacturers recommend 2-4 in wc, but 2 would work in that situation...right?
    Not on something with in-shot burners, 2 stage and variable furnaces slow down the inducer to match the lower gas flow. On a natural draft furnace underfiring would just cause heat exchanger to run cooler and possibly rust from condensation unless you slowed the blower too. On an in-shot reducing gas flow might cause ignition and flame issues from the incorrect air-fuel mixture. On an 80% you might be able to get away with disabling a couple burners, but i wouldn't try it on a 90, not only could the different expansion of the hot and cold cells crack something, but the air would dilute the flue gas possibly reducing the amount of condensation in the secondary HX reducing the efficiency of the furnace.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in