I just had a contractor re-did the concrete patio in my backyard. Lo and behold, when he finished the job I realized the new patio has a pretty steep pitch (he said this is better for drainage), like 6 inch over 10 foot. I searched the net and found this slope is way over the reommended by Carrier. (My unit is a Montgomery Ward and I don't have a manual for it.)

I figure I will need to lift one side of my unit by about 1/2 to 1". Is there a not so tacky way to accomplish this? Is there such a thing as a sloped A/C pad to compensate the sloped patio? How would you professional deal with installing an A/C on a sloped patio?

Thank you in advance.

Keith

We run in to that problem a lot (all thou not that step). We will pour a new, level, concrete pad on top of the patio for the condenser to sit on. It should be at least 2" thick at its thinnest part; also it needs to be pinned to the existing patio.
    "We'll have to outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence." Yukon Cornelius

Some people are like Slinkies---not good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Shim it up though doesn't sound too far off to me. Sloping the patio makes sense.

Wards? That's an oldie!

He got a little carried away. 2 and 1/2 inches over 10ft is plenty. With that unit, I would run it like it is, and replace when it dies, and not worry. It's old enough to warrant replacement, and you might be working/spending money for nothing.If you insist, throw a cement shim under it(cap block should be close).
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

3/4" rubber equip pads under 1 side should get you close enough.