Trane VCCD 24Z01

I have some Trane VAV boxes, model VCCD that are pneumatically controlled at present. They are the old kind with that cone type air valve.

Does anyone know if there is a way to convert these to electronic controls. Ive never been inside of one to see what the actual actuator looks like or how it drives that shaft the cone rides on.

I cant find anything on the net except for something on the stromquist website about gutting out the air valve that is presently in the box and adding a damper with a 0-10 volt or what have you actuator onto the the inlet of the vav.

thanks
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Corny, there is no retrofit kit per say to reuse the existing valve. We have been using these and they work great and are made specifically for retrofitting those boxes

http://www.trane.com//COMMERCIAL/DNA/View.aspx?i=2026
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

I agree with Joeey only drawback is if some of your boxes are too close to your main branch lines due to the extra length added to the front of the box.

Thanks for the replies. Ive been searching for 2 days for something and gutting the old valve out and installing something on the inlet of the box is all I have been able to come up with as a solution also.

thanks
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN