Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posted without comment....

(The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Wow, nothing like being told your not good enough to help us. Id put them north Alabama boys up against about anyone.

It's sad if it's true. Union politics at it's worst (if it's true). Caught a blip on the news about this this morning and it was saying the same or at least similar thing happened on the oil spill in the Gulf. Help sent away because they were non-union.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

I had missed this thread and posted the same story here; http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....1#post14504271

Unfortunately, those in NJ without electricity because of this arrogance are not able to get this information....because they have no electricity.

This reminds me of the anti-racial commentary about; If you are drowning, and a hand reaches out to save you, does it matter what color that hand is? Evidently, in NJ, it matters if the helping hand is not a "brother".
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

There is a new report on "al.com" (al = Alabama) that says that this is "not true". The reporter says those words, then quotes a Huntsville (AL) utility rep as saying "That's a rumor". He goes on to explain that there are various reasons as to why a crew may be better equipped to assist some area utilities than others, then says that after learning they were not needed in New Jersey, they proceeded to Long Island, where they are assisting. The other north Alabama utility appears to have been mistakenly lumped into the story. I don't know how to make a link (sorry), but it is on home page of "al.com". Read for yourself. I find the wording of the report to be .... questionable. But it could just be the sloppiness and ineptitude of the reporter. That is a problem we seem to have here, more so than the rest of the nation. The utility rep was quoted as saying New Jersey said they had all the help they could handle.
    Last edited by Nuclrchiller; 11-02-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added last statement.

It does't surprise me in the least.

Now member federal EPA regs Will be ignored so they can get help faster but Union regs?

Nope.

There are buildings in Dallas ( ugh Dallas ) that I can't work in because I'm not union.

That mess is going to spiral out of control as the NE residents turn into Katrina victims and blame George Bush....

Wait, that's not right.

New story at "al.com" says GM of Decatur Utilities verifies that his crews were turned away because they are not union. They were stopped in Virginia and asked to affiliate with the union, which they refused. He says it was his understanding that it was a requirement to be able to work in that area. They then decided to head home. I presume that by "that area", they were talking about all damaged areas. A story at "foxbusiness.com" is referenced.
    Last edited by Nuclrchiller; 11-02-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added last statement.

You expected different?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Does anyone else find it interesting that Kathlin Sabbelius has suspended govt. regulations to allow non union ships with fuel to dock so they have fuel? (along with other govt. regulations.)

So let me get this straight: Govt. regulations are good and work swimmingly, until there is a disaster, they we need to rid the red tape. Makes perfect sens to me.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Maybe Tony Soprano's got a hand in it...

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/al...-relief-video/

"New Jersey power company denied Friday that it is turning away nonunion volunteer crews who want to travel great distances to help reconnect power supplies severed by Hurricane Sandy. But an Alabama utility is clarifying that it was the International Brotherhood of electrical Workers [IBEW] — not the company — that turned them away.

And a Central Florida utility worker told The Daily Caller that he and his crewmates are still waiting for the union to back down before they could go to Long Island."

I grew up in a union household, none of this surprises me...
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

So, to be more precise, it sounds as though it is not a "state" (government , or utility) that is refusing the help, but rather a union (or its members/reps) that is intimidating non-union workers from entering "their" turf. Or at least trying to get non-union guys to join prior to entering. At this point, I am curious as to whether the union sanctions this action, or if it is "rogue" reps.

They will sanction it off camera and off the record....all union leaders are rogues.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast