Stove Range Ventilation Pipe

Hi all,

New user here looking for assistance,

I had an HVAC technician out looking at a home I just purchased. I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel with tear-out down to drywall. I have to move the range vent about 5 feet down a wall because I'm relocating the stove. As it sits, there is a 7inch round duct/pipe for the exhaust that starts at the ceiling (as normal) and continues straight up about 8 feet and exits via a roof vent. The HVAC tech that came out to look at several things said he could move the opening in the ceiling to where it's needed and simply put two 22.5 degree bends in the pipe to meet the original roof vent. I am unfamiliar with HVAC code and am wondering if it is acceptable to have two slight bends in the vent pipe to reach the original roof cap.

Thanks guys, and again, I hope I followed all the rules the site requires.

...and I'm not sure if this forum auto-forwards thread replies. My email is*edited* if you want to respond there. Thanks again.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 11-02-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Removed E-mail address.

ratmriot

E-mail address should go in your user profile, not in a post like that.

I edited it for you.

You can subscribe to this or any other thread that you'd like to and get e-mail updates for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ratmriot View Post
    Hi all,

New user here looking for assistance,

I had an HVAC technician out looking at a home I just purchased. I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel with tear-out down to drywall. I have to move the range vent about 5 feet down a wall because I'm relocating the stove. As it sits, there is a 7inch round duct/pipe for the exhaust that starts at the ceiling (as normal) and continues straight up about 8 feet and exits via a roof vent. The HVAC tech that came out to look at several things said he could move the opening in the ceiling to where it's needed and simply put two 22.5 degree bends in the pipe to meet the original roof vent. I am unfamiliar with HVAC code and am wondering if it is acceptable to have two slight bends in the vent pipe to reach the original roof cap.

Thanks guys, and again, I hope I followed all the rules the site requires.
    Should not be a problem, provided the exhaust duct will handle the volume of air from the exhaust hood.

It can be done either way, however it will work best with as straight and as short of a run as possible.

it is perfectly acceptable to add (2) 22 degree fitting in the pipe and yes the pipe needs to be large enough for the vent hood, be carefull in the size of vent hood as they can suck the cold air out of your house
    We really need change now

It shouldn't be a problem.