This is something neither Obama or Romney have the guts to talk about. Is this not insanity though? We have 23 million people out of work, but employers hired more Mexicans and Asians than native born Americans the past 4 years? Crazy. That's burning the candle on one end. The other end is the elites have shipped millions of middle class manufacturing jobs (and other jobs) overseas! That's the other end of the candle burning.
If you take Christianity (or at the very least morality) out of capitalism, capitalism becomes a self-serving absorbing system that enriches the 1% at the expense of the other 99%. We are seeing this happen before our very eyes, and nobody seems too concerned about it. The role of the federal government has always been to put a stop to this greed. But the government seems to be on the side of the employers now and not the employees. Is that because the employers provide a lot more federal tax revenue to the government than individual employees? I don't know, but there is something very very wrong with this picture.