lennox g60 (GE) ECM

I work in Estes Park Co. and just went through a flood here in the Mtns. Most homes here have there furnaces under the house or basement to keep the pipes from freezing. We are kind of locked in town here because 2 of the canyon roads were washed out. I'm looking for a replacement ECM for a 12 yr. old unit that had just enough water in it (1 1/2) to touch the bottom of the module. (unit sets horizontal with the motor on the bottom) The thermaster blew a hole in the circuit board etc. The unit may be 10-12 yrs old but may only have been in use for 5-6 months over that time. The rest of the unit seems fine, board didn't get wet, not sure about the other safety switches yet.
    I've tried calling Lennox 800 # but have been stuck on hold forever and the service calls are non stop here at the shop.
    Cozy on-line said they can only get me the replacement for the OEM part @ $. Any help?
    G60UHV-36B-090-02
    module & Motor Part #18M8001
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-17-2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Price

what are you asking for?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

That's going to be within a few bucks of the cost from Lennox. Time to see if the customer wants to put the repair price into it or buy another furnace.

I would have the insurance buy them a new furnace do to the furnace technically being flooded
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    I would have the insurance buy them a new furnace do to the furnace technically being flooded
    If they have flood insurance that's worth a try. Regular home insurance excludes flood damage.

No flood insurance this unit actually is my uncle's, it just burns me up that the replacement parts far exceed the cost of the equipment minus labor.
    lennox is the worst in my opinion of putting unnecessary gadgets into a simple piece of equipment and in hard to get to spots.
    I can see a variable speed or VFD on a large motor, but residential not so much. What good will it do to save a few dollars a year if the thing costs 10 times as much to fix. ECM's are a problem. It's just a glorified PWM.
    I can't get the part so I'll replace the whole unit but it won't be a Lennox. Plus they really don't perform that well @ 9000 ft.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cduff View Post
    No flood insurance this unit actually is my uncle's, it just burns me up that the replacement parts far exceed the cost of the equipment minus labor.
    lennox is the worst in my opinion of putting unnecessary gadgets into a simple piece of equipment and in hard to get to spots.
    I can see a variable speed or VFD on a large motor, but residential not so much. What good will it do to save a few dollars a year if the thing costs 10 times as much to fix. ECM's are a problem. It's just a glorified PWM.
    I can't get the part so I'll replace the whole unit but it won't be a Lennox. Plus they really don't perform that well @ 9000 ft.
    Cheers
    All brands have furnaces with ECM, and VS ECMs.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

There is not really very much difference in the deffernt brands of furnaces .the g60 is a fairly simple furnace is it possible it was not setup properly for 9000 feet And all brands are proud of there ecm motors
    We really need change now

If it was my house and the only thing wrong was the ECM I'd throw a PSC in it.