Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I see the free stats that are given to my customers and they ask my what I think of them. I tell them I control my castle and they do not.

i was taught to remove all control wires, use little popper as a resetable in line fuse
    put amprobe on the 24volt wire at transformer, start attaching one control wire at a time as you energize its appropriate relay you will find the problem soon enough
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

We got the power company to come out and put a new thermostat and I think he attempted to fix whatever was wrong even though it's not his job, but I wasn't there at the time. But he got the emergency heat to work, aux heat still does not. He said that there is probably a problem outside in the condenser.

I agree I would not let the power company have control of the electricity, but it's not my house.

power companys giving incentives to have control over the air conditioner is getting to be common although a free tstat or 40.00 dollars rebate per year is not a big enough incentive.
    We really need change now

This....
    Quote Originally Posted by tim79 View Post
    ... I tell them I control my castle and they do not.
    I see no point in letting the PoCo cut off my A/C or H/P during peak periods, especially if my condensing unit is properly sized for the load... It would now take a lot longer for it to catch up than if they'd just let it run and maintain...

To the O/P, one other thing that runs in heating mode is the humidifier (if you have one)... I've once came across a no-heat call due to someone wiring the humidstat across the HUM terminals on the air-handler. Installing contractor had come out, couldn't figure it out, he handed the homeowner a handful of fuses (here you're gonna need these)...

Quote Originally Posted by icesoft View Post
    This....

I see no point in letting the PoCo cut off my A/C or H/P during peak periods, especially if my condensing unit is properly sized for the load... It would now take a lot longer for it to catch up than if they'd just let it run and maintain...
    How is this accomplished? Some type of wireless modem or something?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Typically done through carrier current signalling, where they impose a high frequency data signal on the power lines to signal equipment within the household and vice-versa, this is also one of the ways they read the electric meters without rolling any trucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12