Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Post Likes
    I want to re-route the return air. How do I determine the volume and do I need to adjust the volume if I introduce a bend?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Post Likes
    There is a book for that one, Manual D. I would call a professional, however.
    Installs, Changeouts, & Heat Stroke.....not necessarily in that order

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    4H: Hot, Humid Houston H.O.
    Post Likes
    You might consider re-asking your question using different wording. It's not clear whether you are a DIY-er, such is against the rules on this board, but as far as I am concerned you are not proven to be.

    Manual D is the really professional way to design ducts. I wonder what percentage of HVAC guys-for-hire have used it in the last year. Another tool is measuring external static pressure, which combined with a pro's opinion can tell you a lot about overall adequacy of your duct system. It cannot shed any light on room-by-room issues however.

    Good luck -- Pstu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.