Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Help find replacement fuse puller holder for rooftop HVAC

    The fuse on my rooftop HVAC blew once again, so I climbed to the top of the roof to pull out the fuse disconnect to check the fuses and find a replacement fuse. Unfortunately, the fuse disconnect fell off the roof and shattered, as it is made of brittle plastic. I can now try to glue it back together with gorilla glue, or try to find a replacement. Can someone tell me the manufacturer of this fuse puller? I don't see any other identifiable markings on the fuse box, and I don't want to take it apart if it's not necessary.

    I've attached a photo of the broker fuse puller disconnect.

    Name:  DSC00465.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  39.6 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    There's a reason the fuses keep blowing in your unit. You need to have a reputable contractor come out and take care of the problem.

  3. #3
    This is only the second or third time it's blown. I may very well end up having to call a contractor to take a look at it, but I want to eliminate other causes first, such as cleaning out the fuse contacts to make sure that they are not making the fuses run hot and blow early. In the meantime, I have to replace the fuse puller disconnect, or the entire fuse box.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    North Dakota
    the unit should not blow fuses

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Buffalo NY
    The manufacture is right there on the fuse holder.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

    The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

    Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

  6. #6
    The manufacture is right there on the fuse holder
    That was my question. Who is the manufacturer? I don't know HVAC equipment well and don't know what company has initials G-S.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    General Switch. But that looks like an oldie. Might need an electrician to replace the disconnect.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i would get the disconnect replaced asit very well could be the problem
    Stuff happens

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    General Switch. But that looks like an oldie. Might need an electrician to replace the disconnect.
    Thanks; appreciate the tips. You're right that it's an old unit. The house was built in the 1980s, so the AC and the fuse disconnect were of that era as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365