Post Likes

Scotsman SCE275A-1D Ice Machine Cycle Problem

I have read the older threads with similar issues, and they point to thermistors (as does the service manual). Initially, the machine failed with a water error and I discovered the water inlet valve rubber parts were gummy and limiting water flow. Replaced valve and restarted. BUT, the old symptoms continue: Normal cycle start, freeze mode begins, the freeze cycle terminates very early (ice just begins to form). Sump stays full during freeze. Puny harvest. Stays in harvest mode with pump running until water gets warm. Shuts down, but this time with both error lights. I tested thermistors (12-2556-21), both read identical (26K ohms at 32 degrees, 10K ohms at ambient) - are these readings tolerable? If not, will this cause the symptoms above?

The older post says that there "end-of-freeze" is determined by sump water level. Is there a away to tell if the sump is too full, adjustable? There is not screw on top of the water level sensor as shown in the service manual. During the start of the freeze cycle and the pump running, water may slop over the side of the sump and into the bin.

Thank you

Post Likes
    I answered my own question. Here's what I found: Diagnostics aren't always true. The diagnostic lights (both lights on after machine shuts down: says thermistor set is faulty or unplugged. Since I learned from old post that sump level is what starts harvest, and that harvest was starting way too soon, it must be related to the float sensor. I removed pump assembly, removed float, pulled off the optic sensor, removed the light shield, and behold, the sensors were somewhat milky with deposits from the water. I cleaned them off with a soft cloth, reassembled, and VIOLA! She took right off and has been running fine. Good advice from an older post: "Know your machine!"
    Amosbanjo

Post Likes
    I had one that wasn't harvesting right. The non adjustable cube size (float switch) wouldn't play nice. I stuck a 1/2 inch shim under the screw that holds it down. Been running great for about 9 months.