Thread: Infinity control question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Infinity control question

Appreciate any information folks have for the Evolution touch screen release. I have two Evolution thermostats that were installed with the system a couple of years ago and absolutely hate the thermostats because they have to be manually reset everytime the power goes out even if just for half a minute. Causes a big pain when this happens in the summer or winter when no one is home. No fun coming home to a hot or cold house.

Post Likes
    That does not sound right, they all just re-establish communication and don't lose any settings.......

What models of equipment do you have?
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    That does not sound right, they all just re-establish communication and don't lose any settings.......

What models of equipment do you have?
    Hmm. I will need to check on the thermostats. I believe that we have a Bryant 355CAV042080 gas furnace with a Bryant a/c model 187BNA036 that serves our basement and first floor and a heat pump (286ANA024) in the attic that serves our second floor.

Post Likes
    Correction. 355CAV0600 and 187BNA036 for basement and first floor and a FEANF002T and 286BNA024 for the second floor.

Post Likes
    Thermostat models are SYSTXBBUID01-B.

Post Likes
    Do you have to manually reset both, or just one? What do you have to do to "manually" reset?

Post Likes
    If the power goes off and them comes back on each one has to be reset manually like starting it for the first time. The thermostats find the equipment then I have to continue through go accessories, it then searches for remote access, gives an equipment summary and then the set up is complete (it asks me to save the settings). It then checks for the static pressure and then once I hit continue it is reset. This has to be done every time the power goes off and with each thermostat. When I complained about this to our hvac guy he said that Bryant fixed this issue with later thermostats (we had the system installed in 2010), which didn't do us much good (I want to say that each of these thermostats were over $ and may have been closer to $, which I always felt was a ripoff given what I have to always do)? Are you saying I shouldn't have to be doing this and the thermostats should be talking to each other? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by beenthere; 10-31-2012 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Prices

Post Likes
    In my personal house I put in infinity/evolution systems (2005) and on loss of power they started right back up where they were before. This is the first time I have heard of anyone having a problem with reset after power loss. Worked on a house yesterday with infinity from 2010, started right back up without any manual reset.

Take the prices out of your post...yes those controllers are not cheap, but they are more than just thermostats.

Post Likes
    Made this its own thread. rfalls, you are not allowed to post in other peoples threads in the AOP forums, please read our site rules, thank you.

Post Likes
    Sorry about that. Thanks for creating a new thread. Read on another thread something about there being an issue with these thermostats that was corrected with new versions. The thread said there was a service bulletin about this. I would have thought my installer would ave tod us about this.

Post Likes
    Yes. Found the problem. If you have acces to dealer service bulletins, check out DSB 10-0037. Question now is how do I get this replaced under a warranty claim.

Post Likes
    recalled version 16? ( controller wakes up in installer mode after power failure ) .. contact dealer for warranty replacement...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in