Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Max Masters

Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    Based on what I've seen using Lon FTT-10, Arcnet/bacnet, and MS/TP bacnet. MS/TP gives the most options for iffy communication wiring. For example; I don't know how many times I needed to install a system using the existing 18/2 twisted shielded wire. It'll work with MS/TP. Try that on Arcnet or Lon.
    Not to distract from the OP, but to clear the air: I've done it numerous times on LON. Not that I recommend it, but it works. Even used dis-similar wiring on the same bus - 18/2 sheilded, non-sheilded, copper, copper tinned and even 22/2 echelon rated wire for the additions to the network. Worst case was around 50 nodes, had issues with a couple of devices dropping out, solved it with a LOYTEC device in smart switch mode which it filters out the junk and only passes the valid data. *From memory it was an L-Switch with 4 FT-10 ports and a 1250? port. Didn't use the 1250 port.
    Last edited by crab master; 11-07-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: *
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    http://threedevilskennel.com/ - not my website.
    Versatile Hunting Dog Federation - www.vhdf.org/

Quote Originally Posted by s2sam View Post
    ... but to me they get overshadowed by your "spirited" commentary.
    that's right mate ... 'to you' ... so I recommend you select to block my comments from your sight ... I believe there is an 'ignore' button somewhere on the forum. Recommend that you use it.

... because of the bickering, bashing, etc that seems to be prevalent *
    listen, thanks daddy, I'll take it under advisement. I dearly love the way you yourself resort to 'bickering and bashing' to make yr point. I recommend that since yr paternal i-know-best instincts cannot be curbed that you simply try to model better behaviour! Try not airing you misgivings in public. I could I suppose ignore them myself and just post what I feel like posting, but since they are directed straight at me, its kind of hard not to reply. Maybe you should private msg me directly since you feel so strongly about it. I'll definitely do you the service of a succinct reply.

Bloody forums, seems there's always somebody moaning about what somebody else types... and there is nothing surer that that to drag a thread off-topic.
    I post what I want. You post what you want. don't comment on what I type ... problem gone!
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    that's right mate ... 'to you' ... so I recommend you select to block my comments from your sight ... I believe there is an 'ignore' button somewhere on the forum. Recommend that you use it.

listen, thanks daddy, I'll take it under advisement. I dearly love the way you yourself resort to 'bickering and bashing' to make yr point. I recommend that since yr paternal i-know-best instincts cannot be curbed that you simply try to model better behaviour! Try not airing you misgivings in public. I could I suppose ignore them myself and just post what I feel like posting, but since they are directed straight at me, its kind of hard not to reply. Maybe you should private msg me directly since you feel so strongly about it. I'll definitely do you the service of a succinct reply.

Bloody forums, seems there's always somebody moaning about what somebody else types... and there is nothing surer that that to drag a thread off-topic.
    I post what I want. You post what you want. don't comment on what I type ... problem gone!
    With attitudes like yours I now know why a number of Professionals stay away from these type of forums. You asked why no one is responding to your posts? Why would anyone with such a confrontational attitude? Professional courtesy, attitude, and a general interest to share knowledge seems to be rare.

All the best to you and I hope the owners of this site appreciate your efforts to attract meaningful posts and members.

Cheers

With attitudes like yours I now know why a number of Professionals stay away from these type of forums. You asked why no one is responding to your posts? Why would anyone with such a confrontational attitude? Professional courtesy, attitude, and a general interest to share knowledge seems to be rare.
    All the best to you and I hope the owners of this site appreciate your efforts to attract meaningful posts and members.
    I really, simply do not care what you think ... and I cannot understand why, what I think, troubles you so much.
    Engineers ... always seem to think they know best heh?
    Pfft ... professional courtesy?? ... perhaps if you didn't bother with a personal attack on me ... YOUR words might seem a little more um, professional.
    Confrontation Hmm, wasn't it you too that confronted me in the first place??

I will post what I post ... simple.
    I am always gonna point out the short-comings of MSTP....full stop. Particularly when the matter at-hand is on exactly that topic.

...I'll do it again too. Best you get used to it.

now please, add something to the debate...or stop nagging.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123