Hybrid View

Desuperheater information

Installing a Bosch TA 049 split system. Heater tank is 60 gal. 2 feet from condenser so pipes will be short. I intend to use the 60 gal. tank as a holding tank which will be in series with a EZ on demand hot water unit on the other side of the condenser. The EZ hot water unit is set to come on and heat water at a temp. of under 90 degrees so water from storage tank will go in and out of the EZ till without it starting up till water gets to 90 dgrees (except for the time until hot water gets to the EZ heater maybe 15 seconds then cut off). I don't intend to use a concentric fitting because of potential of lots of settlement from our county water system. I have two questions. Which should be the input to the storage tank from the desuperheater? Through the bottom of the tank from a T at drain valve or at top from the cold input with a T there? And a second question of should I put a check valve to keep hot water from the cold input side of tank from flowing down stream to a bathroom beyond the tanks cold input?

Those of you with more experience I would like to know your thoughts and has anyone ever done a hookup that way and will it work?

Yes connect to the bottom of the water storage tank and tee off the cold water inlet to feed the desuperheater. I would also add check valves as you mentioned.
    Maybe I am reading your post wrong but you said your EZ heater will NOT startup unless water temperature coming in is over 90 degrees? Depending on desuperheater and usage of system you will often only get 70-85 degree water in your storage tank. Here is live logging of a system we installed earlier this year, you can see the max temp was 93 degrees on the storage tank but commonly runs less.
    http://www.welserver.com/WEL0626/
    Most water heaters send water down the pipes around 120 degrees so 90 will be very cold. With any tankless you also want to check the delta T they need to turn on. Often a tankless that outputs heater water at 120 degrees will need the water to be less than 100 or it will not come on so you might want to check this.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Talking to a Bosch engineer and he said I could expect durring the summer 130 degree water from loop on desuperheater and thermostat on loop was set to 130 degrees. Should I expect a much lower loop temp.? The EZ is set to come on at 90 with a rise of 30 degrees to 120. Like you said in the last part of your comments, so as water cools to 90 from storage tank entering EZ it will fire up and raise temp. to 120 like normal. Am I far off?

Missed the graph. Neet. System I'm putting in is Bosch TA 049 and TA 035 for upstairs. Both open loop with discharge into Pamlico River. Well 150 ft. pump at 30 ft. proofed to 60 gpm need 20 gpm if both running on second stage. EWT 61 degrees. 57 degrees last January. Both units inside on 40 inch high table (flood zone) Irene last year came within 36 inches of table so room would have had 4 inch of water last year.