+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracer Summit Version 17

Post Likes

Tracer Summit Version 17

My company has multiple facilities and they just installed the Tracer Summit version 17. Now they do not have the tutorials or and web based training cd's what so ever. Now they want me to take control of this project and software to save the company money on energy cost. I am not expierenced in this software or any BAS. They just dropped it on my lap. Please help me in figuring out where to begin, where to find the "how to use or operate" and HOW TO CONVIENCE MY COMPANY TO SEND ME TO THE TRAINING SEMINARS IN ST PAUL. What is Tracer Summit all about

Help!

Post Likes
    I'm not a controls guy, and I'm not very computer literate, but maybe this will get you started while waiting for the guys that are. On your Summit workstation (computer), while looking at the Summit screen (any screen), at the top where it says things like "File, Connect, Status,.... Help", left click on "Help", then left click on "Help Topics" and you will see the software version of the Manual for Summit. Also you might try contacting your local Trane Commercial Sales office. They may have locally based Operator level classes to help you get started. Try asking them for any type of help they may be willing to give. I lurk on the Controls forum here and have learned things, including that some experienced and knowledgeable and helpful guys come here to share. I believe you've taken a good first step in coming here. I have Summit here and was only able to give the advice above by reviewing it a few times while typing it.

Post Likes
    A brief overall description of your site would probably help. Such as an equipment list. Chillers? Air Handlers? Roof Top Units? How many? What kind of facilities? Office buildings? Campus? Hospital? Manufacturing? Things like that.

Post Likes
    Also where you see "File, Connect, Status, View,...", try left clicking on "View". You will see 3 items. Try left clicking on each of them. It merely changes the way your screen is configured. I like mine with "Toolbar" and "Status Bar" checked. Some like "Navigation Tree" checked. You may also. It may be faster to navigate from page to page, or screen to screen.

Post Likes
    Thank you for the info, Its helpful so far. Our facility is running chillers and 300 ton package units. Its set on schedules. My first step is to establish a basline line analalsyt and find out where the majority of the heat load is and where the most energy is being consumed and try to adjust or confirgue airflow to that space. What ya think?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energydobashi View Post
    Thank you for the info, Its helpful so far. Our facility is running chillers and 300 ton package units. Its set on schedules. My first step is to establish a basline line analalsyt and find out where the majority of the heat load is and where the most energy is being consumed and try to adjust or confirgue airflow to that space. What ya think?
    Energydobashi.
    I was wondering how your training was going. I have been using Tracer since it was a dos program and have been to many classes as well as taught several classes.
    The classes you are looking for are well informed however you would probably do better with a more personalized class involving details specific to your facility.
    I offer just that. A personalized class. You would be surprised on how much you can learn in a week.
    However this is also based on your a/c knowledge.
    If you are interested then I would be glad to talk to you further.
    Either way good luck.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in