Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo67 View Post
    Background & Objective:
    The objective of this GCL+ code is to make a hanging fan coil (reheat only) which is ducted to OSA turn on automatically when it is +/- 1 Degree Fahrenheit outside of the temperature setpoint.
    The problem is I think it is satisfying the code whatever setpoint is placed there, and I cannot figure out how to restrict the script to keep the fan OFF when the setpoint is reached.
    This is my first attempt at automating these units, they had been set to run all day via the schedule and I hate inefficiency & waste!
    Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Code Snippet:

//Renamed variables to make it easier for me to read what's going on
    Variable RoomTemp
    Variable Setpoint
    'Heating Setpoint' = Setpoint
    BACstat = RoomTemp

//Beginning of script
    If
    Schedule = On And (RoomTemp < Setpoint + 1) And (RoomTemp > Setpoint - 1) Then
    'Fan Start Stop' = Off Else
    'Fan Start Stop' = On
    End If
    There many ways to write this.

If sch1 = On Then
    If OAT Between 'OAT_Setpoint' - 1 'OAT_Setpoint' +1 Then
    'Fan_Start/Stop' = Off
    Else
    'Fan Start/Stop' = On
    End If
    Else
    'Fan Start/Stop' = On
    End If

You could also use a switch with a CO like bdivell said.
    switch (FAN, CO1, 60, 50)

I think this fella should probably call his normal control tech in. That is probably the most basic SOO I have ever seen.

I mean come on. Turn on Output when Temp < SP -1 then turn it off when Temp > SP +1? If you are a control tech then you, or someone you work with, has done this 1 million times
    Follow me @blankscole

I'm a stationary engineer attempting to learn something new and exciting, pardon me for bruising anyones egos in the process. Perhaps my judgement was a bit cloudy as to joining a forum for help as a 2nd day novice... regardless I appreciate the help that has been given. Jmelvin I'll give that snippet a try on Monday, thank you.

Hi Cujo67,

A little bit of advice, buy a DSC or DAC and work on it at home, If you want to learn controls for the most part it isn't done from 7 - 4:30.... I am not being negative just saying if you are unable to read code don't expect to be able to write it.

If you can get a GCL+ programming book. (Search Google) And if you have the ability to get into George U. Those are good starting places. I can send you some links.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I appologize Cujo. Just seems like a DIY-er type of question. Some of those make their way into the forums.
    Try this. Unless I misunderstand what you want

If Schedule on then
    Switch(Fan Start/Stop, Room Temp, SP-1,Sp+1)
    Else
    Stop Fan Start/Stop
    Endif

Contact Trinity, they are your local SF Delta partner.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo67 View Post
    I'm a stationary engineer attempting to learn something new and exciting, pardon me for bruising anyones egos in the process. Perhaps my judgement was a bit cloudy as to joining a forum for help as a 2nd day novice... regardless I appreciate the help that has been given. Jmelvin I'll give that snippet a try on Monday, thank you.
    Cujo67,

There has been numerous suggestions and assistance given from the Members here in the "Open" section if this forum, However this thread has gone over the amount of help we are able to provide in this "Open" section of this site and the Thread is now closed.

Cujo67, try getting your post count up and then apply for pro membership where these sort of questions may be discussed in greater detail behind closed doors and out of the eyes of Goggle in our "Pro" sections.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12