Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Delta OrcaView GCL+ Programming help (Code in question posted)

Background & Objective:
    The objective of this GCL+ code is to make a hanging fan coil (reheat only) which is ducted to OSA turn on automatically when it is +/- 1 Degree Fahrenheit outside of the temperature setpoint.
    The problem is I think it is satisfying the code whatever setpoint is placed there, and I cannot figure out how to restrict the script to keep the fan OFF when the setpoint is reached.
    This is my first attempt at automating these units, they had been set to run all day via the schedule and I hate inefficiency & waste!
    Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Code Snippet:

//Renamed variables to make it easier for me to read what's going on
    Variable RoomTemp
    Variable Setpoint
    'Heating Setpoint' = Setpoint
    BACstat = RoomTemp

//Beginning of script
    If
    Schedule = On And (RoomTemp < Setpoint + 1) And (RoomTemp > Setpoint - 1) Then
    'Fan Start Stop' = Off Else
    'Fan Start Stop' = On
    End If

Hi Cujo67,

Variable HeatRequired
    Switch( HeatRequired , AI101 (BACstat) , Setpoint - 1 , Setpoint + 1 )

If Shedule On Then
    Fan Start Stop = HeatRequired
    Else Fan Start Stop = 0
    End If

Are you fairly new to writting code? the help file can be a very useful tool if just starting out...

Hope this helps

Second day of diving into writing code (done java in the past, but that was 10 years ago haha). Thanks a lot I'll try it when I get to work tomorrow and try and learn what exactly it is that you wrote, looks promising!

One more thing I was thinking of adding after the first post it came to me, any way to disable the fan from starting up if the OSA (minus say 3 degrees) is greater then the room temperature?

Hi Cujo67,

Are you talking about an OAT lockout?

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo67 View Post
    Second day of diving into writing code (done java in the past, but that was 10 years ago haha). Thanks a lot I'll try it when I get to work tomorrow and try and learn what exactly it is that you wrote, looks promising!

One more thing I was thinking of adding after the first post it came to me, any way to disable the fan from starting up if the OSA (minus say 3 degrees) is greater then the room temperature?

Yes, since the weather here in SF is so unpredictable it would be sweet to have it shut off when it warms up outside so that the room stays cooler than the outdoor temp when above room setpoint

PM Me

Can't , no permission I'm assuming.
    "Cujo67, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"
    Quote Originally Posted by bdivell View Post
    PM Me

If the unit provides OA ventilation it may be required to run when the space is occupied. Just something to ponder before changing the sequence.

kontrol out

Thanks for the heads up kontrolphreak, I'll look into that.

So I tried plugging in the block of code, after cleaning it up to make it not throw me an (X) or a (?) here's what I tried running:

//Fan S/S Command
    Variable Setpoint
    Variable HeatRequired

Switch ( HeatRequired, BACstat, 'Heating Setpoint' - 1, 'Heating Setpoint' + 1 )

If Schedule On Then
    'Fan Start Stop' = HeatRequired
    Else 'Fan Start Stop' = 0
    End If
    The fan will run but only when the BACstat temp is higher than the Setpoint.

From what I read in the help file, it looks like the right track to use a switch, but it appears it works by having a (var1, var2, on value, off value).
    I'm thinking the question now would be how to write the 'on value' to turn on when the setpoint is outside of that +/- 1F deviation, and off value when it's within 1 degree F of the setpoint.
    Was thinking of using =! but does anyone know the syntax to say 'is not'? Even that might be murky to try and write out, so would something like this work?

(var1, var2, (setpoint <= +1 and setpoint >= -1), (setpoint >= +1 and setpoint <= -1))

Hi Cujo67,

Are you able to read programming ? if not I would rethink trying to write it....people don't usually learn to write a different language before being able to speak it or atleast be taught how to interpret it ....I struggle with syntax sometimes cause I work on different vendors..

Variable HeatRequired
    It should be HeatRequired = Switch( HeatRequired, AI101(BACstat) , (AV)Setpoint (ON value - 1) , (AV)Setpoint (OFF value) + 1 )

If Schedule On Then
    End If

Hi Cujo67,

Variable HeatRequired
    HeatRequired = Switch( HeatRequired, AI101(BACstat) , (AV)Setpoint (ON value - 1) , (AV)Setpoint (OFF value) + 1 )

If Schedule On Then
    End If
    Thanks bdivell, it's throwing me a "Expecting Right Parenthesis" (X) to the left side of the Heat Required now. I tried it with this:

Variable HeatRequired
    Variable Setpoint

HeatRequired = Switch( HeatRequired, BACstat , 'Heating Setpoint' (ON value - 1) , 'Heating Setpoint' (OFF value) + 1 )

If Schedule On Then
    End If

Are you typing exactly what I wrote? Are you a controls contractor ?.......
    Do you have a analog variable created for your temperature setpoint? it looks like you declared a local variable instead.
    Last edited by bdivell; 11-01-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Are you typing exactly what I wrote? Are you a controls contractor ?.......
    Good question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast