* 6 year old Weil Mclain Model A/B WGO -4 Series 3.
* Regular maintainance every fall since installation
Over the past two years the system has failed to start on a 5 separate occasions when the temperature has fallen below thermostat setting. As I have an annual maintenance agreement my oil company comes and checks each time. During this period at least 4 separate technicians have been sent to look at the system -performing filter and nozzle check and other things they do that seem similar to the regular tune ups. System will work fine for several months and then problem will occur again.
1. Is there a known defect with this unit that could be causing this problem?
2. Does Weil Mclein have troubleshooting resource (other than call local service tech)?
3. Could there be something external to the system that could be causing this problem (i.e. chimney problem) that I should have looked at in addition to unit?
Thanks for any help in attempting to determine my next steps.