variable speed motors

What do you guys use for a variable speed conversion motor? I have been using the evergreen motor and love them (yes know it's not a variable speed) what I am wondering is if there is any thing better out there that has ramping profiles that could be installed in newer furnaces.

Emerson makes an Eco Tech rescue motor, looks similar to the Evergreen. I have no experience with them though.
    I miss you mom and dad.

Actually an Evergreen is a variable speed. It ramps up as static increases to deliver a more constant airflow(not quite as well as a VS programmed for a specific furnace).

As for ramping profiles for better dehumidification etc. I don't think you can get anything for retrofit.

I only use the evergreen as they offered a training course through our work. The last reply talks about static pressure and it helps with our problem of new appliances with old duct systems. At least evergreen will help.

i just recommend a oe motor most go for it or a new airhandler. dam carrier charges more than the motor and module the the airhandler cost
    We really need change now