Hey Dudes,
I can't afford to buy a good tester to measure air flow or static pressure however, I have an off brand digital manometer I bought a few years back to adjust gas valves. it measures inches of water column.

My question I pose is this: is it possible to modify this digtial manometer with a homemade pitot tube of sorts to use to measure static pressures in ductwork.

I'm thinking water column is water column. I was going to get an aluminum tube of some pre-designated i.d. and plug the vinyl hose to it and stick it into the ductwork.

Do you think it will work within reason until I can buy a proper, fancier model???