Post Likes

Ritchie Yellowjacket 78055 gas pressure test kit

I picked up one for $5.00 at a yard sale but it's missing the barb fitting. I know it's 1/8" pipe but does anyone know the tubing barb size? Something less than 3/8" I think. Is it the same as their manometer? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A pat on the back is nothing more then topical anesthesia for a knife.

Post Likes
    This page shows three different possible part numbers for that fitting: http://yellowjacket.com/product/gas-pressure-test-kit/
    Bill

Post Likes
    I get my barbs from Tri HQ (Formally Hose Headquarters) or a place like that... it's simply 1/8" or 1/4" MNPT (depending on what you are testing) and roughly 1/4" Barb... I think you can even find them at Lowes or Home Depot. I don't think I'd buy a yellow jacket one as you'd spend too much on your bargain gauge.

Take your hose into a hose place and they will hook you up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnymick View Post
    I get my barbs from Tri HQ (Formally Hose Headquarters) or a place like that... it's simply 1/8" or 1/4" MNPT (depending on what you are testing) and roughly 1/4" Barb... I think you can even find them at Lowes or Home Depot. I don't think I'd buy a yellow jacket one as you'd spend too much on your bargain gauge.

If they are indeed MNPT, you won't find them at Lowes or Home Depot.
    Bill

Post Likes

No, I agree, it would expensive, with shipping and such to go through Ritchie. I figured to try the hardware stores. I'm pretty sure it's 1/8" Male NPT, and I'm going to compare it against the fitting in my Ritchie manometer. Funny, the rubber button fitting that translations between the hose and barb was there, just not the barb. I guess I should count my blessings, the brass barb should be a lot easier to track down. Thanks for the help
    A pat on the back is nothing more then topical anesthesia for a knife.

Post Likes
    MNPT and NPT aren't the same, NPT requires thread sealant whereas MNPT doesn't. Don't know if they used MNPT for this reason?
    Bill

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    MNPT and NPT aren't the same, NPT requires thread sealant whereas MNPT doesn't. Don't know if they used MNPT for this reason?
    MNPT is just Male National Pipe Thread, just not as descriptive as NPT National Pipe Thread. These are both a tapered thread, and both require sealant to achieve a seal... Could also be FNPT At least that is what I thought...

Post Likes
    MNPT is just Male National Pipe Thread, just not as descriptive as NPT National Pipe Thread. These are both a tapered thread, and both require sealant to achieve a seal... Could also be FNPT At least that is what I thought...
    My bad! Wrong acronym but there is another weird one but I forget exactly what it is. I do know because I just ran into this, it can be a Anderson, Watts or whatever fitting. Some male and female fittings because of fits/tolerances or QC barely get a few threads before getting tight and I have to run a tap into the female fittings. If it's a street elbow, a standard NPT tap is too long to gain much. If you get into metric plastic air lines, fittings have British threads, they have a different thread angle and threads per inch but standard plastic air lines have standard threads.
    Bill

Post Likes
    I believe I was thinking of the NPSM or National Pipe Thread straight something like a bulkhead fitting that uses a "O" ring for sealing and a locknut. Hoses that have a cone and seat similar to a flare joint use the straight thread also.
    Bill

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    before you waste any time on finding fittings, tee that thing in with a water u-tube. if it aint accurate why bother, after all who sells good, quality, accurate test equipment?

just sayin'
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    I would trash it. Those things are no good....... Sure they used them for years...... but anything you got to tap to make sure the needle isnt sticking....... and something you need to periodically calibrate against a decent manometer...... you would have been better off putting that 5 bucks toward a water manometer or a digital manometer....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016