+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best tip or perk you got at work

Post Likes

Best tip or perk you got at work

I was working at a very very very high end steakhouse today. The chef asked me if I could fix his pod light that fell down. Sure I said I got some time during the maintenance. I got done and he said cool thank "what do you wanna eat". "Steak" sure I would live that I go start the cleaning the ice machine and about 20 min later I have a steak dinner with all the goodies to go with it. Retail price 150 bucks. Holy s$@t was it good.

Post Likes
    I do work at a Hospital that buys blue rags in bulk. Any time I need a bag of blue rags, I get to take as much as I want.

That's the best I think off.

Post Likes
    I get fed all the time. It's nice when I can take the family out and get the meal comped. I don't expect anything from the customer and will always tip the server VERY well. My stepdaughter is amazed how well we get treated by my customers.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I used to get quite a few free lunches at the Steak & Ales, and Bennigans back in the day. Then after 5 maybe a few beers from the Managers. At the Coors warehouse they used to have beer in the pop machine, no money needed, just push the button. Then there was the DEA HeadQtrs, well that was all back in the mid 80's when things were different.
    Now your lucky to get a cup of coffee.
    “If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.” ~Henry J. Kaiser

"Highly efficient equipment and LEED Bldgs are very expensive to maintain in order to keep that efficiency!" ~ Me

Post Likes
    During the grand open of Mortans 5th ave.NYC,I had to be there for 3 nights in a row standby.One night the Mayor was there,got all I could eat buffet style.Not the bast steakhouse but OK.

Post Likes
    BJ

bowling jacket ,,get your mind outta the gutter.

I've gotten free dinner , some cash tips , some free stuff from factories such as hats and tools , offered illegal drugs (I declined)

In 25 years in not really sure what was the best

Post Likes
    When I was working in Denver I got cash tips about once a month from resi customers, best was $50 from an Asian girl(broke that stereotype) when I fixed her grandmothers unit. Used to get a $25 credit every 4 months from a local pizza place in louisville that had some good pizza.

My all time favorite because it really hit the spot was a 2 day change out that involved cutting up an old belt drive furnace where everything was heavy and hard, long story short I end up doing most of the work myself(chimney liner too) and at the end of the second day as I come up to tell the couple I'm done(6pm by now) they have hot fresh pizza waiting for me with an open cold beer and more in an ice bucket, we went out on their porch, kicked back, ate, drank and watched the sun go down.

Post Likes
    I got a $100 tip for changing a blower at 1 am last winter.
    I usually get bottles of liquor or homemade wine around Xmas.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in