+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ASI Tridium Driver

Post Likes

ASI Tridium Driver

Has anyone used the Infocon ASI driver?

I have a small site with about 10 ASIC/1-8655's and 1 ASIC/2-8040. From everything I've seen it looks to be a simple integration, but I do have something causing me hesitation. The site is split between two buildings and it looks to me like the onboard ethernet port of the 8655 controllers is being used to route serial communications between the buildings. Is that possible with these controllers?

My intent right now is to install a JACE in one building and pickup the 485 bus there. I feel like the other building should be visible to me as well with the architecture being how I assume it is. Does anyone have any experience towards this?

Post Likes
    Does the building have a front end? 8655s have no ethernet port so you must be talking about an etherlink, which would lead me to believe that there is a front end somewheres in the building.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    There is. Right next to the enclosure in building A there is a computer direct connected to the 8040 via 232. Building B is visible from this PC.

Two of the other controllers in this cabinet have connections to both their 485 ports and the rj45 that i assumed was ethernet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    The others were 8655s, just to clarify the last post.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Doesnt ASI have a branded jace???
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Sounds like the 2 8655s in that panel are coming off the local bus off the 8040(which is the way it should be), either they are going local bus to Etherlink or system bus to Etherlink(I would do system bus to Etherlink). Why are you installing a Jace? There may be a few better/easier options, drop me an email and I may be able to help you out depending on what you need to do.

Berg-ASI does have a jace and you can get quite a few drivers but the main push for it is to be a front end for their Bacnet controllers, but with the new controllers they have coming out that may all change quickly.

BTW ASI is our line but we have signed up with Lynxspring for Jaces and other devices
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Long time ago I worked with ASI controllers when its GUI was Wonderware. Since then had been a lot of changes on their system architecture, software, etc. But I do recall something about the legacy controllers. The ASC/1-8655 does not have Ethernet port, the RJ port is for the zone sensor but also give you that ability to connect with local or system comm. buses. So, it’s possible that both Bldg can be connected via that RJ jack. If you are planning to integrate the 8655s with a Jace you could do it via a legacy driver (maxlinesolutions.com) or via the ASI BACport interface.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in