Thread: Overrides in AX

Overrides in AX

Is there anyway to override a LON point in AX without actually bringing it in as a proxy point? I know I can link to points on a px page without bringing it in as a proxy but would really like to be able to override the points as well.

Im like a mushroom, they keep me in the dark and feed me crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    Is there anyway to override a LON point in AX without actually bringing it in as a proxy point? I know I can link to points on a px page without bringing it in as a proxy but would really like to be able to override the points as well.
    cant see why you cannot override when you need to!
    How do you bring points into AX ? ... or in graphics, do you use the NVs that appear as properties on the LonDevice itself?

You can open the points container under the LonDevice and press 'discover'?
    Then you can add them to the database so they appear as BooleanWitable, NumericWritable EnumWritable etc ...
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    cant see why you cannot override when you need to!
    How do you bring points into AX ? ... or in graphics, do you use the NVs that appear as properties on the LonDevice itself?

You can open the points container under the LonDevice and press 'discover'?
    Then you can add them to the database so they appear as BooleanWitable, NumericWritable EnumWritable etc ...
    If I open the points container and discover and add them then i will be adding proxy points. my question wad how to do the override without adding proxy points.

I know with the JCI branded Distech controllers I have written to the device's points on the property sheet with out proxy points. Can't remember the details right now, but it can be done.

Bill

Not sure it is possible since the override is technically a function of the AX software. Maybe from the property page of the controller?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

I tried it from the properties page and it did not work. I am not looking forward to bringing in 3 or 4 points per 300 devices that I have on this job.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumpkin View Post
    I tried it from the properties page and it did not work. I am not looking forward to bringing in 3 or 4 points per 300 devices that I have on this job.
    ...just bring them into the first Device's Point Folder...get them right with respect to units and precision etc
    ...and then simply copy n' paste into the other Devices.

try this ... https://dl.dropbox.com/u/91943891/Batch_Point_Copy.bog

Its a program object that takes a Device and grabs its points folder and all the points in it and copies those points to all the other devices in the tree

'templateOrd' is the Device it will get points from (station:|slot:/Drivers/MdbsAsyncNetwork/myTemplateDevice)
    'format' property filters the target devices by name (%L2_VAV% ... or ... %FCU% ...etc)
    'ordBase' is where it will hunt down target devices and put the points into their points folders (station:|slot:/Drivers/MdbsAsyncNetwork)

***devices must be the same type as the template.
    ***it will copy points of the appropriate type for that point folder
    ie. If the template is a BacnetDevice, it will hunt out Bacnet points and copy them
    ***with a little creativity and only a little cut n' paste, you can create stuff really quickly.
    ***you may need to open the Program Object editor and press F9 to compile it after its been dropped on a
    wiresheet at yr end.
    *** to make it go, double click to edit the properties, then right click and select 'copy points'
    ***enjoy! .... hope it works

PS . dont recommend using this on yr live, on-site, station. Copy yr working station and run this offline on yr laptop or something until you get it doing what you want. Then you can simply cut and past from the offline station to the live station.

PPS ... forgot to mention...

before copying it will destroy all previously existing points in the target devices!

*maybe I should tweak the program make this optional... hmm, one day ...