Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Thanks dallas!!! WHy didn't carrier just use 2 five ton scrolls and stage them!!! I could probally buy and replace a 5 ton 5 times for what this ten ton digital is going to cost!
    Size matters not sure there is enough room to stick 2 compressors in there for the foot print of the unit I agree with #2 sometimes chillers are oversized. Since most copeland tandems come as a complete unit cost cancels out. Dealing with smaller chillers like that most of the jobs are not professionally engineered it more of a rough guestimate.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrene #2 View Post
    Did you actually read my posts.
    They did include "Misapplied". Hehehe.
    Well, i do know these guys added a secondary loop and tried to run the machine through 1" pipe. It was short cycling like crazy.

Well, i do know these guys added a secondary loop and tried to run the machine through 1" pipe. It was short cycling like crazy.
    No Kidding.
    Who commissioned it?

No Kidding.
    Who commissioned it?
    Nobody commisioned that!! They called and asked why it was turning off and on all the time!!!

Nobody commisioned that!! They called and asked why it was turning off and on all the time!!!
    Just got one like that! Misapplied!

Just got one like that! Misapplied!
    Well, the customer knew they could not possibly run a 10 ten system on 1" pipe. But, they did think the unit was a true varible speed "digital" scroll and it would be ok ! Serious!!!

P.S. I just saw your edit a little bit ago!! I'll tell them to call you next time!!

Well, the customer knew they could not possibly run a 10 ten system on 1" pipe. But, they did think the unit was a true varible speed "digital" scroll and it would be ok ! Serious!!!

P.S. I just saw your edit a little bit ago!! I'll tell them to call you next time!!
    Thanks, but no thanks.

With the Micro coils the head will spike at startup then come back down to normal operating conditions. On a hot day it should not spike much over five hundred psig. If you must weigh in the charge subtact about five percent of what it says on the tag. If you overcharge just a little, it will trip. There should be a charging procedure in the OM book, that is the best way to charge it up. Again, if you have any restriction in the drier you will have problems.

He might be ok charging it up now since he added a small receiver to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by chilbrig View Post
    With the Micro coils the head will spike at startup then come back down to normal operating conditions. On a hot day it should not spike much over five hundred psig. If you must weigh in the charge subtact about five percent of what it says on the tag. If you overcharge just a little, it will trip. There should be a charging procedure in the OM book, that is the best way to charge it up. Again, if you have any restriction in the drier you will have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by chilbrig View Post

Yeah i blocked off the condensor to 120° CST and gave it 18° SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    He might be ok charging it up now since he added a small receiver to the system.
    I know i didn't want to add the dryer. Would have been much easier just to go back in w/ the 165s. But, my Boss talked the owner into doing the replacable core as thier maintenace men will be able to replace it on the fly as needed!!!

Thanks, but no thanks.
    What a D!ck!!!

Nah, he aint a bad guy afterall!! Thanks for the 33% tip Carrene. Well definetly look into it if this compressor decides to lock up!!!
    Last edited by KB Cool; 11-01-2012 at 07:43 PM.

I guess the boss wins over common sense what is there a whopping 9 pounds or refrigerant in that machine.

I know i didn't want to add the dryer. Would have been much easier just to go back in w/ the 165s. But, my Boss talked the owner into doing the replacable core as thier maintenace men will be able to replace it on the fly as needed!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast