Thread: Fried Jace?

Question Fried Jace?

Im trying to delay the inevitable....
    I was installing a new system over the weekend. While I was working on the station I had a guy wrapping up some wiring when a heard a little "zap".... He shorted the 0V terminal on an 34 IO module to something. The jace went down and I have not been able to connect to it since. I would just say its bad and replace it but the status light comes on and holds steady, the beat light comes on and holds steady, and my primary light comes on and blinks likes its talking. I can not connect on the workbench, ping the set IP or default IP, or shell it. Is there anything Im missing or another solution? Also, does anyone have thoughts on what might be fried on it?

You just might catch a break and simply be able to replace the IO-34/power supply - try connecting it with a wall-wart power supply first, as a temporary measure, to see if powering it from something other than the IO-34 fixes the problem.

No luck on that. Tried the independent power. Its toast, I sent it in to get a new one.
    The "beat" light staying steady and not blinking shows that there is CPU damage.