Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I carry some universal blower motors, C.F. motors, ignitors, xformers, a couple of universal ignition modules, th. couples, some relays, t-stats, various capacitors, and a fan center thats been on my truck for 5 years.

Thats basically what I carry in my truck aside from wire, various fittings, and tools.

I carry no gas valves, circuit boards, pumps, inducer motor assemblies etc. If I did, I would need an 18 wheeler.

Very rarely does a gas valve go bad...not including smart valves, or a pressure switch, or a flame sensor.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

This is the list of stuff I will not leave the shop unless its on my truck, especially for late calls or after hours.

-White Roger 50A55-843
    This board will do almost any single stage PSC blower unit
    -Honeywell S9120U
    This will cover the rest (specifically smart valves)
    -White Roger 21M51-843
    For 2-stage equipment
    -White Rogers 50D50-842 and 843
    Ignition modules to direct spark and intermittent spark pilot
    -Turbo 200 mini
    For blowers
    -Honeywell glowfly ignitor (several)
    I don't prefer them for a permanent solution but they work in a pinch
    -Some thermocouples
    -40va multi voltage transformer
    -90340 relays
    -1h/1c and 2h/2c stats
    -plenty of wire nuts and terminal connectors of various styles and sizes

With that stuff, I can fix most common problems. And if i cant, there are 3 supply shops with in a 10 mile radius. And we have a gigantic collection of common and odd parts at the shop so if I don't have it and the supply shop is closed I can still probably get it.

In my opinion, gas valves and motors and things like limits and such are too specific to take up room on my truck, especially when I can get it with out too much trouble. It might be different if I was further from civilization.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

been doing this work for 3 years professional but all the other work related to it for 20.. (yeah we can put in a new floor, sure we can replace your drywall, no problem adding a few more outlets in your basement, yeah no prob thats plenty of room in your service box for our new equip... guys/gals im in the thick of it pls dont run me down for not being the Stephan hawking s of your forum.. im in attics,crawls and roll the dice on tommorow's menu. hey welcome aboard!!!! just here for help and i rlly rlly do lov this site

Quote Originally Posted by samejj View Post
    been doing this work for 3 years professional but all the other work related to it for 20.. (yeah we can put in a new floor, sure we can replace your drywall, no problem adding a few more outlets in your basement, yeah no prob thats plenty of room in your service box for our new equip... guys/gals im in the thick of it pls dont run me down for not being the Stephan hawking s of your forum.. im in attics,crawls and roll the dice on tommorow's menu. hey welcome aboard!!!! just here for help and i rlly rlly do lov this site
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say?

Anyway, I carry quite a few universal parts. Especially pressure switches and gas valves and igniters. I like the White rogers 21d64 universal nitride. Also the universal pressure switches are awsome! And a few blower motors. There are tons of Amana in my area so I carry 3 different amana inducers and a couple trane inducers.

Someone above said gas valves rarely go bad? I have replaced 4 or 5 already this fall. All of them have been electronic ignition and none of them where smart valves or standing pilot valves. Must be my year for gas valves.

McDonald's makes .23$ for every dollar you spend there. The average contractor in the hvac field brings in a whopping .08$. So do the math and figure out how much work you will have to do to evenmake what your making now. Sure you can be the cheaper guy but your business will never grow that way. You have to charge enough to cover what it's gonna cost to grow your business. Oh and if you start cheap and try to raise your prices later? Plan on having to find new customers as well. My advise, Wichita isn't worth much, is to read Ron Smith's book hvac spells wealth or a similar. Puts things in perspective. Not trying to damper your vision, just a different perspective that I never got when I started

how do u stock limits each unit has a different one rollouts r different too furnaces are too brand specific now

Limits are over rated...

Pressure switch tubing!!!!

Didn't have any on the truck a few weeks ago and no supply houses near by had any! And half of them didn't know what I was talking about.

Finally found some after like 2 hours of calling and driving around.

Btw the unit i needed it for was a Lennox and the stock length from the inducer housing to the pressure switch was barely 2" long and it broke when I took it off. (nipple was plugged).

It's the little things that'll $?!* you!

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyBeer View Post
    It's the little things that'll $?!* you!
    Ain't that the truth.

yep.... makes you mad....
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

What type of universal pressure switches do you guys carry?

The interchangeable spring ones or the one with the adjustable allen screw on the back?

I was a bryant dealer and the tubing I use is the extra tubing that is sent with the parts bag on a 90 percent bryant. I use it on manometers too.

I want to add that I carry a plethora of parts on my truck, the nearest supply house is at least 45 miles from the shop.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyBeer View Post
    What type of universal pressure switches do you guys carry?

The interchangeable spring ones or the one with the adjustable allen screw on the back?
    Both of these are available at Trane

Honeywell PN: X1320031701

or field adjustable:
    Cleveland Controls
    PN:NS2-0000-031

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast