Thread: Sunday fun

Hybrid View

Sunday fun

"Hey while your up there today give us a quote on the nitric scrubber bearing we think it's going out. We had it balanced two weeks ago to try to make it last."
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351474852.720955.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  54.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351474877.049904.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  30.2 KB
    Yes that is daylight you can see between the shaft and inner race. They put this bearing on a year or two ago. Then they tried to balance out a failing bearing on a critical machine instead of planning to change it.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351475041.854271.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  40.3 KB
    Note the nice job they did previously cleaning the shaft with an angle grinder.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351475099.983081.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  41.5 KB
    Here is their finished "get you by" we gave them.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351475176.530367.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  51.8 KB

Also on another blower we had to change out a busted sealtite fitting. I was real proud to see their great job they did wiring a 50hp motor. They used channel locks to get their wire nuts real tight! Motors love extra good connections like these.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351475613.905800.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  31.4 KB

Keep it up factory's I'm digging the double time!

Hey Freightshaker,
    On photo #3 it looks like there are stress cracks jumping from one cut to another ? If so I hope they change that shaft out in the near future.

sdeery

Quote Originally Posted by sdeery View Post
    Hey Freightshaker,
    On photo #3 it looks like there are stress cracks jumping from one cut to another ? If so I hope they change that shaft out in the near future.

sdeery
    They are aware it is done and hopefully they are forming a plan quickly. That shaft is rough. Hope it gets them by for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sdeery View Post
    Hey Freightshaker,

sdeery
    I was there ....you may be seeing were they cut the first bearing off with a cutoff wheel ...they cut extra deep to make sure they got it all ...

Either way we have moved the load and the shaft is compromised due to damage and abuse . I have found large shafts broken in half and suspect this will as well ...

Gonna quote a new wheel ,a new shaft and new bearings . Not going to reuse anything ...

I believe what he is referring to is some hairline fractures perpendicular to the cutoff wheel hackery.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351540966.278607.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  36.7 KB
    This pic is zoomed in on the fractures I believe the other poster is talking about. the way the picture is oriented They should be running up and down on your screen. Hope it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightshaker View Post
    I believe what he is referring to is some hairline fractures perpendicular to the cutoff wheel hackery.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351540966.278607.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  36.7 KB
    This pic is zoomed in on the fractures I believe the other poster is talking about. the way the picture is oriented They should be running up and down on your screen. Hope it lasts.
    yeah ,I remember them looking like grinder gouges not cracks ,,,,but hey ,,,,its all our fault if it breaks ....I'm not disagreeing with anyone ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by mikeacman View Post
    yeah ,I remember them looking like grinder gouges not cracks ,,,,but hey ,,,,its all our fault if it breaks ....I'm not disagreeing with anyone ,,,
    If we had only greased it...