Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Natural Gas Pressure

ok, I have a furnace that wouldn't come on for a customer. Its a Carrier natural gas hot surface ignition system. I came up to it and It went thru the initial cycle for heat, until the gas valve was energized. No gas outta valve. I got 24v to it, I checked the wiring, ground to furnace. everything looked fine. I had a universal valve on my truck and put it in. Same problem. Tomorrow im going back with my gas pressure test kit. I doubt its the new valve, but not impossible. What should my pressure in and out of the gas valve be? The furnace tag says min. 4.5" max 13.5" out...The pressure coming in should be what? I opened the shut off valve with the flex off and it seemed alittle week and was whistling as it was comng out. My guess is either the gas valve factory settings too low or the incoming pressure is weak...any suggestions...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robh1113 View Post
    ...any suggestions...thanks
    I like to suggest you enroll in a basic HVAC training program. you are an accident waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I like to suggest you enroll in a basic HVAC training program. you are an accident waiting to happen.
    Thanks for your worthless input...The only accident was you!!

Really your going to hurt someone, all the info you seek is on the cabinet. If you didn't have a manometer how did you determine you had no gas? Is the ignitor glowing and in the path of gas. How do you change a gas valve without confirming pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use manometers to measure the gas pressures. Guessing gets expensive. If you do not know how to check pressures I would ask your service manager to give a class on gas pressure testing. good luck.
    Living the dream !!

Most people on here know already but Monday I watched a guy get hauled out of a house in a body bag from CO poisoning from a boiler, do you want that on your conscious?

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Most people on here know already but Monday I watched a guy get hauled out of a house in a body bag from CO poisoning from a boiler, do you want that on your conscious?

I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

ok...gonna check my pressures tomorrow...I made sure gas valve was off until the correct diagnosis was made and fixed. I didnt want to jeopordize anyones life. Im here looking for help from experience techs and thankful for any positive help.

Quote Originally Posted by robh1113 View Post
    ok...gonna check my pressures tomorrow...I made sure gas valve was off until the correct diagnosis was made and fixed. I didnt want to jeopordize anyones life. Im here looking for help from experience techs and thankful for any positive help.
    Good at least your not cocky about it maybe there's hope after all lol. It will say on the valve also, 13 is the maximum input natural would be 3.5 out, but don't take my word, find out yourself so you are aware of how to find information.

Are you working for a company ? if so maybe ask that a senior tech assists you on this one. Your messing with s**t that can and most likely will shorten your career. 13.5 out ?? I hope that is a typo. This has to be a joke.
    There is no bad beer, some just taste better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by talktowags View Post
    Are you working for a company ? if so maybe ask that a senior tech assists you on this one. Your messing with s**t that can and most likely will shorten your career. 13.5 out ?? I hope that is a typo. This has to be a joke.
    I think we're being pranked, there is another crazy thread on here today to.

No DIY, if you are a pro then apply for pro membership.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Can you post tech to tech without pro status?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast