Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Storm season

You all be careful up there...no time for games. For us down here it's a way of life...5 foot stacks of bottled water and chest freezers are part of the furniture. If this thing comes in at 935 mbs, you're talking a seriously bad start for Tuesday...that's a Cat 3 no matter what you're being told. Pine cones are going to sound like grenades hitting your house and windows will cave in. Remember, you can laugh off a near miss on Thursday, but not while it's still coming.

Beat feet if you can, if you can't, hunker down and secure what you can. Keep your cell phones charging and find flashlights for everbody and a radio. We always keep light sticks and treats for the kids to keep them occupied. Write down your phone numbers...when your cell goes dead there goes your directory...ask me how I know that one.

Be safe and I apologize if I'm preaching to the choir...too many of my Yankee friends are not taking this seriously. Remember, you can always laugh it off AFTER it passes.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

(The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    You all be careful up there...no time for games. For us down here it's a way of life...5 foot stacks of bottled water and chest freezers are part of the furniture. If this thing comes in at 935 mbs, you're talking a seriously bad start for Tuesday...that's a Cat 3 no matter what you're being told. Pine cones are going to sound like grenades hitting your house and windows will cave in. Remember, you can laugh off a near miss on Thursday, but not while it's still coming.

Beat feet if you can, if you can't, hunker down and secure what you can. Keep your cell phones charging and find flashlights for everbody and a radio. We always keep light sticks and treats for the kids to keep them occupied. Write down your phone numbers...when your cell goes dead there goes your directory...ask me how I know that one.

Be safe and I apologize if I'm preaching to the choir...too many of my Yankee friends are not taking this seriously. Remember, you can always laugh it off AFTER it passes.

OBX II Support Free & Open Beaches
    Via: Ryan White
    12"+ of standing water in rodanthe waves and salvo..
    about an hr ago.....

Be safe guys!

Wife just got home. Looked through all the pictures from people on facebook. OBX is effed up big time.

I feel for the landfall area Sandy actually hit.

East coast catastrophy.

Water isn't the only thing to worry about.

Photo shop. Seen this in 3 other places on the net

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    Photo shop. Seen this in 3 other places on the net
    Dang that's good work. I can't even cut and paste with Windows Paint.

Reminded of this song watching the storm coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPk4...e_gdata_player

And there was a full moon last night.

It looks like a mess up there. One of the worst storms in a while. All I heard moving to Florida from my friends was what if you get hit by a hurricane, and now it hits up North. Kinda weird. I do hope everyone is safe and was prepared.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast