Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My neck hurts.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Put stuff back where it belongs when you are done with it, throw out the trash and restock first thing when you get back to the shop, use a 5 gallon bucket for trash, it come in handy for other stuff besides.

We had a gentleman who's van looked like something on the show hoarders barried alive. He would throw all fast food trash to the passenger side until it could not fit. Once the passenger side was so full that everything tossed over there rolled back in his lap it was thrown into the back through a hole he cut in the rack. Many times he lost parts for jobs in his van and had to reorder them. It was disgusting and he was eventually fired.

My van like all is a never ending battle. Spent an entire day last week just cleaning, servicing tools, and getting everything generally organized to be out of town for two weeks. Gives you a good feeling Monday to look in back and everything is happy.

Stanley box with tools in individual pouches
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351562087.939105.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  48.7 KB

Order of where things go
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351562135.785177.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351562166.921923.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  65.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351562180.174185.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  46.2 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351562192.988418.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  55.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351562208.235688.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  52.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351562228.618400.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  53.1 KB

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    I follow a few simple rules;

1) food trash, gets thrown away T the end of each day.
    2) supply house receipts get photo scanned, emailed to office then filed straight away. If I'm in a rush I'll file them on a lunch break.

3) Find a logical place for everything, use said item, tool material, put it back before you crank the engine and head to next job. Yes, it's a pain in the arse, but a few minutes after a pm or service call each day means a quick 15-20 minute shake down on Friday night. Ready for action on Monday.

I sympathize with the boxes of filters then pulled to service call, happens to me all the time and filter boxes knock stuff out racks and holders...

Ryan that's pretty good expecially without many shelves. Did you take shelves out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Boy View Post
    I follow a few simple rules;

1) food trash, gets thrown away T the end of each day.
    2) supply house receipts get photo scanned, emailed to office then filed straight away. If I'm in a rush I'll file them on a lunch break.

3) Find a logical place for everything, use said item, tool material, put it back before you crank the engine and head to next job. Yes, it's a pain in the arse, but a few minutes after a pm or service call each day means a quick 15-20 minute shake down on Friday night. Ready for action on Monday.

I sympathize with the boxes of filters then pulled to service call, happens to me all the time and filter boxes knock stuff out racks and holders...
    Good plan!

IMO #3 is the most important... As the Nike commercial says... Just do it...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Sicofthis View Post
    Ryan that's pretty good expecially without many shelves. Did you take shelves out?
    That's how it came. They wanted to keep that right side clear for hauling big things (the guy who had it before me didn't have anything compared to me) and they didn't want to spend the money. Those Stanley boxes are the big savers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123