Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walkin ooler compressdor

Wmy cooler cools but then it stops and you have to let it cool all the way down before you can start it back up again. can i put oil in the compressor? or is it another problem ?

/
    Last edited by anngennetta; 11-28-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Sounds like it could be shutting off on high head . make sure your coills are clean and you have good air flow.

That is more than likely an internal overload. Compressor protection. Call a professional before you ruin it beyond repair. Too many variables to list on what it could be. Call an expert. Or just keep f***ing with it so you have to get a nice shiny new one to not get maintained correctly.

You have to check the oil level first before you add to it. Locate the dipstick. The level should be somewhere in the crosshatches between the full and add marks. Hope this helps
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    You have to check the oil level first before you add to it. Locate the dipstick. The level should be somewhere in the crosshatches between the full and add marks. Hope this helps

Lol. What if it's one of dem' dere oiless air compressors??

If its right on the add line that usually means a quart low, find some bar and chain oil, Stihl is a good brand, use the green jug not blue unless they have the black jug, or is it 10w 40?

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    If its right on the add line that usually means a quart low, find some bar and chain oil, Stihl is a good brand, use the green jug not blue unless they have the black jug, or is it 10w 40?
    Joe, I know you're still learning, but c'mon bro...You should know... If it's R22, K-Y is the proper lubricant. 404a they recommend Astroglide. The oils you listed have too much viscosity and do not work on med and low temp applications. I suggest you read up before you give out incorrect advice. You may cause someone to lock up a compressor and that could be very expensive.

Joe, I know you're still learning, but c'mon bro...You should know... If it's R22, K-Y is the proper lubricant. 404a they recommend Astroglide. The oils you listed have too much viscosity and do not work on med and low temp applications. I suggest you read up before you give out incorrect advice. You may cause someone to lock up a compressor and that could be very expensive.
    Wow really? Thanks for correcting me, I thing I need to pull a few drain plugs Tomorrow and darn it I ran out of astro glide so I'm going to have to call my supplier. I feel so ashamed!

Make sure it's "virgin" lubricant. I've seen the used stuff. Even after it's recycled, it has an off color tint to it and a funky smell. I bought a 1 gallon jug of the recycled lubricant and I'm not sh!ttin' you. It had corn kernals in the bottom.

Make sure it's "virgin" lubricant. I've seen the used stuff. Even after it's recycled, it has an off color tint to it and a funky smell. I bought a 1 gallon jug of the recycled lubricant and I'm not sh!ttin' you. It had corn kernals in the bottom.
    Good point!

I stopped using that stuff a long time ago, I just top them off with a good quality dexron VI fluid, it holds up better with all that coolant there
    Oh, be sure to check it idling in neutral though, or your reading will be off

Quote Originally Posted by anngennetta View Post
    Wmy cooler cools but then it stops and you have to let it cool all the way down before you can start it back up again. can i put oil in the compressor? or is it another problem ?
    It's broken, buy a new one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast