Thread: What do I do?

Cool

I am a young man trying to get a career started in HVAC.
    I have some experience but still have a lot to learn I am however very confident and pick up on things very fast!

Hers my resume plz if you have any suggestions I would be glade to hear them! Thanks mike

Michael Moorhous

94 E.NewYork Pontiac MI, 48340 Phone:248-396-2195 E-Mail:Moorhous@comcast.net

OBJECTIVE: To obtain a job in a HVAC position.

EDUCATION:

Oakland Schools Technical Campus, Clarkston, MI 2002
    Certification in Building Maintenance

Construction Technology and Building Maintenance coursework. Course work included Industrial and Commercial Cleaning / Maintenance, Chemical Usage / Equipment, Maintaining Power Equipment, Introduction to Construction, Masonry and Concrete, Blueprint Reading, Basic Plumbing, HVAC/R Theory, Electrical Theory.

Waterford Mott High School Waterford, MI 1999-2002

Diploma Received

EXPERIENCE:

ABC HVAC Clarkston, MI July 2006-present
    Title: Installer/helper/service
    Job Description: fully Installing A/C, furnaces and humidifiers, Running line sets, Soldering copper, Keeping the truck stocked with parts, threading black pipe, Diagnosing furnaces and A/C

Takata Auburn Hills, MI July 2003-2006

Title: Facilities Coordinator
    Job Description: Assisted on Maintenance and repairs for 35 roof top units, Building Maintenance/Testing Fire extinguishers monthly, etc., Hi-Lo Driver/Loading and Unloading Pallets and Boxes, Warehouse upkeep, Inventory, Building Cubicles and other types of furniture.

Federal Express Pontiac, MI 3/2003-6-2003

Title: Dock Operations
    Job Description: Lifting boxes, loading and unloading, and typical shipping and receiving industry tasks.

I got my degree from OCC in Auburn Hills in 1990; Environmental Systems Technology was the title of the program. It was 79 credit hours. After my first semester, I opened the phone book and called a bunch of HVAC shops asking if they were looking for an apprentice.
    I went and applied and was hired. I have been doing this now for almost 18 years. 3 years ago, I started my own little business and love it. The customer files keep growing every month, some months more than others.

Anyhoo, thats what I did and Im happy.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Give the young Man a job! You know how it was and where he's coming from, take him under your wing.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

thanks man! I did look in to the occ thing my prob is I am working at a hvac place now (not stable). I also Have a daughter that lives with me shes 2 I was trying to avoid the school thig because of money being tight is school a must??

Sorry man, but Im a lone wolf.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Is the school thing a must? It would probably depend on who you ask. I have been around this field my entire life. My father has been doing it for 30 plus years. I have been doing this for a living for 14 years. I went to tech school for about 6 months. The company I worked for at the time paid for it and then decided against it. I never went back. I learned O.J.T. I may have been able to learn quicker if I had finished,but if you are determined enough you can learn it. I started in residential, 5 tons and less. Then up too 25 tons and less, then Lieberts, and now I work on screw and centrificual chillers. Take notes and don't be scared to ask questions. If you get on with a good company they probably will pick up the tab for school...after you sign a work agreement with them.
    You are who you are and where you are because of what you think.

I have worked on some 25 tons befor I messed with a home unit! I also helped with a few Lieberts but the person that tought me this no longer lives in michigan! the hard part seems to be finding a good company. here in michigan theres not much! but This is what I want to do for the rest of my life. just need a good company! Right now I am with a company that only dose resdential witch is fine for now but he owes every one money all the time!!

Not to late to get out!!

This business will kill you.
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw