Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Strange problem with Jace 6

Newly installed Jace (Distech EC-BOS-6) with 3.6.409. Occasionally it seems to lose the LON and MODBUS networks. The main graphics will open up but no data will be displayed. Graphics for devices on
    network buses will not open. Tree under 'Drivers' in the Station will not expand to show the networks.

Any ideas? This does not happen all the time.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

When it happens are you seeing this through a web browser or through AX? I just had the issue with a 200 running WEBS 3.7.106.10, new commission. Everything seemed fine while engineering it on my computer, commissioned the JACE, made some final tweaks live. Went back the next day to for final items, went to verify customer navigation and views and BAM no values, just graphics. Logged in via browser with my credentials as super user and still couldn't see values or networks. After pulling my hair out and cussing a bit I connected another computer via browser and everything appeared. On my computer I deleted all temp files, selected delete all files in JAVA console, even though I have save files unchecked, deleted my niagara folder in my user directory. Reconnected and everything now showed on my computer. I did not try the second computer until I had wiped the JACE with a new dist file and then recommissioned with 3.7. Not sure why or how this happened. All I can think of is that something got corrupted when I either initially commissioned the JACE or when the files downloaded via the browser to my computer. I have never had this happen before.

This is the details from the error when trying to expand the 'Drivers' tree

javax.baja.xml.XException: Cannot instantiate type 'l:LonNetwork' [5:70]
    at javax.baja.io.BogDecoder.err(BogDecoder.java)
    at javax.baja.io.BogDecoder$TypeResolver.newInstance( BogDecoder.java)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel$BrokerTy peResolver.newInstance(BBrokerChannel.java)
    at javax.baja.io.BogDecoder.parseSlot(BogDecoder.java )
    at javax.baja.io.BogDecoder.parseSlots(BogDecoder.jav a)
    at javax.baja.io.BogDecoder.decode(BogDecoder.java)
    at javax.baja.sync.LoadOp.decode(LoadOp.java)
    at javax.baja.sync.SyncBuffer.decode(SyncBuffer.java)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel.syncFrom Master(BBrokerChannel.java)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel.load(BBr okerChannel.java)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BFoxComponentSpace$FoxL oadCallbacks.loadSlots(BFoxComponentSpace.java)
    at com.tridium.sys.schema.ComponentSlotMap.loadSlots( ComponentSlotMap.java)
    at javax.baja.sys.BComplex.loadSlots(BComplex.java)
    at javax.baja.sys.BComponent.getNavChildren(BComponen t.java)
    at javax.baja.workbench.nav.tree.NavTreeNode.buildChi ldren(NavTreeNode.java)
    at javax.baja.workbench.nav.tree.NavTreeNode.getChild ren(NavTreeNode.java)
    at javax.baja.workbench.nav.tree.NavTreeNode.getChild Count(NavTreeNode.java)
    javax.baja.sys.TypeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class javax.baja.lonworks.BLonNetwork lonworks:LonNetwork=javax.baja.lonworks.BLonNetwor k
    at com.tridium.sys.module.NModule.getType(NModule.jav a)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel$BrokerTy peResolver.newInstance(BBrokerChannel.java)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BBrokerChannel.syncFrom Master(BBrokerChannel.java)
    at com.tridium.fox.sys.broker.BFoxComponentSpace$FoxL oadCallbacks.loadSlots(BFoxComponentSpace.java)
    at javax.baja.workbench.nav.tree.NavTreeNode.buildChi ldren(NavTreeNode.java)
    at javax.baja.workbench.nav.tree.NavTreeNode.getChild ren(NavTreeNode.java)
    at javax.baja.workbench.nav.tree.NavTreeNode.getChild Count(NavTreeNode.java)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class javax.baja.lonworks.BLonNetwork
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at com.tridium.sys.module.NModule.loadClass(NModule.j ava)
    at com.tridium.sys.module.NModule.getType(NModule.jav a)

Anything ring a bell here.

Nothing there seems familiar. But my memory isn't what it used to be.

lwarren, I didn't see anything there that indicated a definitive solution or cause. Did I miss it?

Noticed another problem tonight. I cannot access px editor remotely either. I'm pretty sure I could do this before. This Jace has only been in for a month or so.

Are you seeing these problems using a web browser or workbench? What I gathered from those posts it is basically what happen to me and what I did by reinstalling a clean dist and clearing the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    lwarren, I didn't see anything there that indicated a definitive solution or cause. Did I miss it?

Noticed another problem tonight. I cannot access px editor remotely either. I'm pretty sure I could do this before. This Jace has only been in for a month or so.
    Well you still haven't stated whether this is an issue through the browser, AX or both. Is the px editor installed on the jace?
    Go Rangers!

I have to believe the problem is with AX because I've tried several PCs and different browsers. Now that you mention it, I'm not 100% sure if PXeditor is indtalled on the Jace.

So you are seeing the same issues when connected with Workbench as you do when connecting via a browser?
    Go Rangers!

Haven't gone to the site yet to connect.

I've noticed some odd happenings with a jace 7 and jace 2 recently. The 7 was at 3.6 and the 2 is at 3.7. They are both branded JCI Fx jaces, and the issue is that the Fx App "Root" directory seems to disappear from the navigation tree. I ended up doing a clean dist and upgrading the 7 to 3.7, and that seems to have corrected the problem. I haven't done anything to the 2 yet, since I'm trying to analyze what has happened.

I thought I had done something to the 7 that caused this, since that the first place I noticed it, but after it happened to the 2, I'm not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did some more testing and this is what I found. See if this makes any sense.
    There are a few User accounts on this Jace. Most are liimited, mine is SuperUser.
    If I initially try to login with Firefox under my credentials, in most cases I won't get data. The limited accounts will not work either.
    I then go to IE and login with my credentials and the data fills in. If I use a limited account initially in IE there is no data.
    Once I establish data in IE with my SuperUser credentials, I can login with a limited account and the data will fill in.
    If I then go to Firefox and try a limited account, no data. Login with my credentials this time and data is there. Subsequent login
    with a limited account and data fills in.
    This makes no sense to me. To recap.... I must first login with my credentials using IE to establish data. Afterwards the limited accounts
    will get data in IE. I can then login with my credentials using Firefox and get data. This seems to allow limited accounts to get data in
    Firefox afterwards.
    Any ideas.
    I have not yet done a clean install of the dist. files. I will do that the next time I am at the site.
    lwarren, you were correct, i had not loaded pxeditor in the Jace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast