Post Likes

Fx 70 and N2 devices

All,

It's been a very long time since we have used N2 devices on a jace. We generally run BACnet devices. This past weekend we were down to importing the last few devices on the jace. We attached the PRN files and tried scanning. After which we realized we were forgetting something. Do we have to manually enter all the points from the AHU controller? Or is there a quicker way?

Thanks for any assistance.

Post Likes
    The points, all of them, should come in off of the .prn file. Try manually adding a device to the N2 network and, in the Resource File selection, browse to the appropriate .prn file. If the configurations are really old, i.e. DOS HVACpro, YMMV.
    UA LU 562

Post Likes
    What type of N2 devices are you talking about? Are you using the the import manager and after the devices are discovered? I recently had to change parts of the print file to get it to work correctly as a resource file but no, you should not have to add the points manually.

Mike

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolthis View Post
    All,

It's been a very long time since we have used N2 devices on a jace. We generally run BACnet devices. This past weekend we were down to importing the last few devices on the jace. We attached the PRN files and tried scanning. After which we realized we were forgetting something. Do we have to manually enter all the points from the AHU controller? Or is there a quicker way?

Thanks for any assistance.
    Once you apply the resource file. Close that portion, then open the JCI import manager. It's usually the default view if you double click the N2 network. From there it should automatically append the resource file.

Post Likes
    Alright guys let me give this a try today. I know this is an older hvac pro file from an AHU controller we installed back in 08. Did the upload to most recent hvac pro. Something seems odd.