Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I am hoping your referring to a poor attempt at "humor" and not a poor attempt at a "hummer" , cause that would just be weird. By the way, I'm not that kind of guy!
    Dan Callahan
    www.CallahanWellDrilling.com
    Get "well educated" with us!

Post Likes
    It has been my understanding that automotive antifreeze should never be used in our units. Because it contains an additive that coats the auto system to stop small leaks. It is not a problem in a car because of the large T.D. But in our units it's a nightmare and impossible to clean the coating

Post Likes
    I have installed and serviced all sorts residential and commerical GSHP. The most common antifreeze mix 20% methonal for the ground loop. Now there is a whole separate discussion for water to water units, lol. One in particular was a job that we did an ice storage tank as part of the system. In this case, we had a unit dedicated for process, which operated the load loop temps down to 30 degrees. We used a glycol solution at about 50% mix so there was no chance of freezing the load side loop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12