Thread: Working abroad

Working abroad

I live in ontario, Canada right now but have been talking with my wife about moving somewhere warmer to live. Any suggestions of countries that looking for hvac guys and the cost of living is reasonable. Also a low crime rate would be nice. Any feed back helps

Kingston Jamaica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why go through all the hassle of immigrating some where? Go west young man, we need people out here!

The excellent jobs out west are few and far in between for hvac mechanics. Don't get me wrong, lots of good money but not a whole lot that's phenomenal.

Just come south. you can have obomacare there are alot of state that are in need of good tech. I live in chicago IL and every time I stop in a supply house there is someone there saying they are looking for good tech.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGHVACGUY View Post
    Just come south. you can have obomacare there are alot of state that are in need of good tech. I live in chicago IL and every time I stop in a supply house there is someone there saying they are looking for good tech.
    It was my first option but when i look online it seems to be close to impossible to get citizenship in the states

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Why go through all the hassle of immigrating some where? Go west young man, we need people out here!
    I thought about going west but if i did i would want to go all the way to victoria. My brother lives in alberta and their winters put ours to shame

Quote Originally Posted by TheApprentice10 View Post
    It was my first option but when i look online it seems to be close to impossible to get citizenship in the states
    Sneak in and Obama will give you clemency!

I'll do a straight trade, my citizenship for yours...lol

that's cus everyone just walks in now.

you don't want to be an hvac tech in the U.S, trust me

Oz. I came the other way due to your mountains and a woman. Brother is a construction plumber there and is very busy but not sure if the hvac world is.

When the misses and I looked into her immigrating it was more $ but not restrictive. Definitely better working conditions ie superannuation, holiday, sick pay, health care system (not that Canada is bad).

I traded Queensland for BC and overall don't regret it. Misses is from Montreal, reckons she would never move back East

The biggest issue being so far away from home is family, especially with a young one. Immigration does come at a heavy price.