XV95/TCON803 Question

Is there a way to get some feedback on the TCON803 t'stat that shows if the furnace is in first stage or second stage?

Thanks!

D.

Not designed that way anyway.

You need to upgrade to an XL950 and 24v kit for that.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

For the record, I found my answer in the installation instructions for the TCONT803.

In non-Heat-Pump installations, the F terminal is normally not used (it's used for emergency heat in a heat pump). As long as the TCONT803 has the 24V common run to it, the F terminal can be used for a variety of signalling functions using the red LED on the front of the stat that usually indicates Em Heat is on.

For my purposes, a jumper from W2 to F will light the LED whenever the TCONT803 calls for second stage heat.

D.

It will but since that's DIY, I didn't point it out. But since you found out on your own

I wonder if the 803's LED actually exists. The Vision Pro IAQ also referenced an led in some manuals... but it didn't exist on the unit I had at least. But one that model, I think it showed the status on the display.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I wonder if the 803's LED actually exists. The Vision Pro IAQ also referenced an led in some manuals... but it didn't exist on the unit I had at least. But one that model, I think it showed the status on the display.
    It exists--and works (I've tested it on both of mine).

D.