Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    It's hunting season. Take the unemployment for a bit and go have some fun. Then saddle up and do a walk about to every shop in your area. Just walk in with resume in hand. Some one gonna put you on. Good techs, contrary to most service managers opinions, are not a dime a dozen. Seriously though. Your in north TX!! Big deer!! Alot of them!! Go hunting!!

As much as companies hate to do it two weeks notice for a layoff is a no-no. A disgruntled tech could do a lot wrong to a company if he knows he only has two weeks. I know that some are different but not the norm.Good luck in finding a job. Start searching commercial even if you lack the experience. I would not wait to start looking there are lots of unemployed people out there looking. Atmosphere in commercial is much better. Home warranty work is not much fun.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    As much as companies hate to do it two weeks notice for a layoff is a no-no. A disgruntled tech could do a lot wrong to a company if he knows he only has two weeks. I know that some are different but not the norm.Good luck in finding a job. Start searching commercial even if you lack the experience. I would not wait to start looking there are lots of unemployed people out there looking. Atmosphere in commercial is much better. Home warranty work is not much fun.
    Two week notice is a no no for either party nowadays. Employer or employee

I'm taking the unemployment and floating out resumes and applications. May go do a little hog hunting too.

If they let you walk out with gas card, and uniforms then you are truly "laid off" and they'll call you back when work picks up. Me? I'd not want to rely on a home warranty type company. Look for work, but enjoy hunting hogs!!

Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    I'm taking the unemployment and floating out resumes and applications. May go do a little hog hunting too.
    You worked for a slave driver that seems to care for nobody but self, I wouldn't want to go back to that,unemployment is a step up from where you were, hopefully you'll find a better gig.

Honestly it wasn't as bad as going to Sherman and working up there for somebody up there that shall remain nameless. At least I got to learn a few new things.

And the home warranty companies ain't nothing but a headache. And the ppl with them?

Just dOn't Have aNy idea who you MAy be Referring to, don't Know anybody who Lives in north texas?

Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    Honestly it wasn't as bad as going to Sherman and working up there for somebody up there that shall remain nameless. At least I got to learn a few new things.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Yes I do. Great guy. But a pain to work for.

i kind of like the nameless guy!!!
    he seems cool!
    I was gonna drop by his shop when I go to Tyler.

So do I. Hes not as bad as most of the ppl here think he is. I was thinking bout driving up to his shop and seeing what hes up to. I just dont have another reason to spend the money on gas when its a 2 hr round trip from my house to his shop and back. But other than that I actually did like working for him

hell
    i would have to drive from kansas city!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast