Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 79
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    1,221
    It's hunting season. Take the unemployment for a bit and go have some fun. Then saddle up and do a walk about to every shop in your area. Just walk in with resume in hand. Some one gonna put you on. Good techs, contrary to most service managers opinions, are not a dime a dozen. Seriously though. Your in north TX!! Big deer!! Alot of them!! Go hunting!!

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    1,096
    As much as companies hate to do it two weeks notice for a layoff is a no-no. A disgruntled tech could do a lot wrong to a company if he knows he only has two weeks. I know that some are different but not the norm.Good luck in finding a job. Start searching commercial even if you lack the experience. I would not wait to start looking there are lots of unemployed people out there looking. Atmosphere in commercial is much better. Home warranty work is not much fun.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    As much as companies hate to do it two weeks notice for a layoff is a no-no. A disgruntled tech could do a lot wrong to a company if he knows he only has two weeks. I know that some are different but not the norm.Good luck in finding a job. Start searching commercial even if you lack the experience. I would not wait to start looking there are lots of unemployed people out there looking. Atmosphere in commercial is much better. Home warranty work is not much fun.
    Two week notice is a no no for either party nowadays. Employer or employee

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    656
    I'm taking the unemployment and floating out resumes and applications. May go do a little hog hunting too.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,424
    If they let you walk out with gas card, and uniforms then you are truly "laid off" and they'll call you back when work picks up. Me? I'd not want to rely on a home warranty type company. Look for work, but enjoy hunting hogs!!

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,375
    Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    I'm taking the unemployment and floating out resumes and applications. May go do a little hog hunting too.
    You worked for a slave driver that seems to care for nobody but self, I wouldn't want to go back to that,unemployment is a step up from where you were, hopefully you'll find a better gig.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    656
    Honestly it wasn't as bad as going to Sherman and working up there for somebody up there that shall remain nameless. At least I got to learn a few new things.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    656
    And the home warranty companies ain't nothing but a headache. And the ppl with them?

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    Just dOn't Have aNy idea who you MAy be Referring to, don't Know anybody who Lives in north texas?


    Quote Originally Posted by clifpaul View Post
    Honestly it wasn't as bad as going to Sherman and working up there for somebody up there that shall remain nameless. At least I got to learn a few new things.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    656
    Yes I do. Great guy. But a pain to work for.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    i kind of like the nameless guy!!!
    he seems cool!
    I was gonna drop by his shop when I go to Tyler.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    656
    So do I. Hes not as bad as most of the ppl here think he is. I was thinking bout driving up to his shop and seeing what hes up to. I just dont have another reason to spend the money on gas when its a 2 hr round trip from my house to his shop and back. But other than that I actually did like working for him

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,832
    hell
    i would have to drive from kansas city!!!!!!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event