+ Reply to Thread

Thread: heat exchangers

Post Likes

heat exchangers

has anyone else on here gone thru the heat exchanger experts training class? me and about 10 guys from my shop went thru it about a month ago and personally it was a great class. i learned alot i didnt know about heat exchangers and where to look for cracks on each type of heat exchanger and why it cracks there i definitly recommend it to everyone(who has the money to take it)

Post Likes
    Do you have any info on class?

Post Likes
    We have many techs that have attended their class over the years. I also recently attended the class and highly recommend it.

Post Likes
    Everybody at our shop that does service or is on call has gone though the class. Well worth the money.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeywhoo View Post
    Do you have any info on class?
    i could probably get it for you from my supervisors

Post Likes
    This truely was the most informative class that my employer has sent me to. Told me where to look for cracks on every type of heat exchanger, made me feel confident that if there is a crack, I will know where to look and how to find it. I check every furnace I remove now, just for practice, I am not always told why we are changing the furnace, so it is nice that I can look and now say, cracked heat exchanger, yes, the tech was right, it is right here, if you would like to see.
    Important information every tech should know. http://heatexchangerexperts.com/
    They definitely can make you an expert at finding cracked heat exchangers and the reasons why they crack, if you are interested.

Post Likes
    cracks could develope anywhere, an inspection cam is a wise idea
    “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” ~ Sir Isaac Newton

I'm learning all the time, the tombstone will be my diploma!!!

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1010 View Post
    cracks could develop anywhere, an inspection cam is a wise idea
    Mr. Bill recommends the one he bought from Twilli's A/C & Heating Supply, just call up and ask for the "Little Bon Jovi" there fast and efficient, and Twilli's ships with enough food already in the box, to keep your new checker powered up till it reaches your home.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    I took their class about six years ago and it was very informative. They bring in about fifty furnaces that you get to inspect and they show you all the different places to find cracks. Made me a much better tech. I keep the book from the class in my truck reference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Post Likes
    Twilly went to shamrocks class but little Bon jovi is the best.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    Awesome buddy

Post Likes
    I just attended their class this fall as well. I was shocked with some of the things they have found with tubular heat exchanger's, as well as some very new condensing furnaces failing.

To Joeywhoo: You can check out the training and calendar at http://www.heatexchangerexperts.com/

Please note he is based out of Colorado, so due to travel restrictions with his truck/trailer, he does not do any training in the winter time. At this point you would need to watch for training starting next spring.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    I used my little Bon Jovi on every call, until one call I fired the furnace to soon and well you can figure out the rest lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    I just attended their class this fall as well. I was shocked with some of the things they have found with tubular heat exchanger's, as well as some very new condensing furnaces failing.

Just curious, what were the failures on tubular heat exchangers? I have only seen two failed. (excluding Carrier RTUs, which are pretty much all failed)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    Just curious, what were the failures on tubular heat exchangers? I have only seen two failed. (excluding Carrier RTUs, which are pretty much all failed)

On residential the crimps are coming apart, where the tubes are crimped into the face plate, or as an example when you go from the larger tubes into the transition box and into the smaller tubes, those crimps are coming loose, and in some cases you can pull the tube(s) completely out of the faceplate or transition box.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in