Thread: Scotsman cme256

Scotsman cme256

Just wanted to throw this out there. Where I work, we have a Sctotsman cme256, and the ice seems to pile up against the bin door, so that when it is full, which it usually is, and some one goes to get ice, a lot winds up on the floor. I have cheched everything I know how to, even shimming it up so that it tips back a bit. But no Luck. The ice seems a bit wet too, but only on the top of the heap, so it's the newest ice. Also, the room that the machine is located in, is small and pretty warm. Can't think of much else. Any ideas.
    Thanks.

You need a bin diffuser
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Ok, 2sac, thanks. Can you give me a quick description, because I am unfamiliar. I considered making a small "fence" or"dam" to hold back the ice, but I guess my better judgement prevailed, for now. Do you have a link, or lead on where I could get one? I googled it and not much comes up. Do these units usually come with one?

You'll have to contact the manufacturer of the bin, not the ice machine. A diffuser is just what you described. It is made of plastic or stainless and mounts inside the bin behind the door
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

What's the manufacturer's model and serial number for the bin?

Scotsman has an optional bin thermostat accessory that you could use to lower the ice level if desired.

Thanks guys, I spoke to Scotsman today,and they confirmed the part number. The bin model number is htb250, so they say I need part #A32580-001. I'm going to have to order it from Long Island I guess.