Thread: Self-contained hydronic baseboard heat vs forced hot air

Post Likes

Self-contained hydronic baseboard heat vs forced hot air

What is the real cost difference to operate self contained hydronic baseboard heaters vs a 95% efficient gas furnace?

Also what are the real performance differences?

Post Likes
    Self contained? If you are referring to traditional baseboard versus forced air there are several factors but generally if designed correctly they are essentially identical however hydronic is generally more comfortable.

Post Likes
    By self contained... I mean a hydronic baseboard heater that does not require a separate boiler and plumbing run to each heater.

I know standard electric baseboard heaters are not efficient and would cost significantly more to run when compared to a 95% forced air gas furnace.

I want to know how much more efficient are the self contained hydronic heaters. They look nice and sound like they perform well, but if cost to operate will be much greater' than I may rethink my plan.

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tomwk View Post
    By self contained... I mean a hydronic baseboard heater that does not require a separate boiler and plumbing run to each heater.

I know standard electric baseboard heaters are not efficient and would cost significantly more to run when compared to a 95% forced air gas furnace.

I want to know how much more efficient are the self contained hydronic heaters. They look nice and sound like they perform well, but if cost to operate will be much greater' than I may rethink my plan.
    All electric heaters cost the same per BTU of heat.
    Much more than gas.
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in